shaw.ca static ip

Thread: shaw.ca static ip

Banned

shaw.ca static ip

Does anybody know whether or not shaw.ca can privide static ip addresses to their customers? I would ask but those "internet technicians" who do not even know what a shell is, well they drive me crazy. I would rather just not talk to them.

you should talk to the sales department, mail them sales@shaw.ca

i have no idea, but have you checked their website? i'm sure it would have info on their various options.
    A+, Network+ Certified.

Banned
    OOPS, I mean dynamic ip addresses.

a dynamic ip address is most likely what you already have...it changes every time you sign online..im guessing you use a 56k dial up modem right?

Banned
    Um, NOPE! I know what a dynamic Ip addy is or I would not have asked if they offered it, I would have aske what it is. Please don't insult my intelligence. Thanks for trying though.

shaw.ca
    you probably have a cable modem, right?!
    shaw normally offers "some kind of" dynamic ips..
    the ip changes when you log on but is not always different (although it changes you mostly get the same ip).

when you want to have a static ip, just do not dial out... just keep online all the time and you have what you want.

if you want to check it just log in and out several time and always check your ip address online. you can for example do this on http://www.phorax.com/v5.3/htdocs/service/webTools.php

greets