My first sighting..? Windows Q

Thread: My first sighting..? Windows Q

My first sighting..? Windows Q

This is so exciting!!!
    Ok so I'm reading around and I come across some hole in NetBIOS. It won't work so I'm looking around my comp for other things I can play with. I find on the Windows control panel in the Access control tab in Network. Anyway you can choose "User-Level access control" which "enables you to specify users and groups whos have access to each shared resource." Now there's a good chance that I have no clue what I'm talking about, after all, I am young. But is there someway to search for comps with this option enabled through DOS and gain remote access or something. I mean not that I would do it because it is both morally and ethically wrong...and my mom would kill me. lol anyway as wrong as it is I'm sure you too were excited when you discovered your first possibility all alone for anything to happen, so just please bare with me
    Thanks in advance,
    -=Royal-T=-
    [glowpurple]He who is intelligant, knows nothing. -Socrates[/glowpurple]
    [gloworange]Wisdom begins in wonder. -Socrates[/gloworange]
    -= Royal-T =-

Banned
    Actually there is it is called net view, but the chances of you finding an enabled share are next to nil, so I don't feel hesitant to post this. Also there are scanners that scan for open netbios shares. Both are malicious and like I said, you will probably not be very successful. And I may even be wrong. So whatever, hope this helps educate you on netbios.

You can use the command 'nbtstat -A' with an ip address after it at the command line, and if you see any entries with a value of <20> it means they are file (or possibly print?) servers. The share names can then be found out using net view, and logged on to in a couple of ways. If you want to find computers with this option enabled, do a port scan on a certain range of an IP, either manually or using a proper port scanner. With a real port scanner, tell it to check port 139, as this means the target computer has netbios enabled. Then just manually check each of these ip addresses for the <20> entry. When you find an IP address with a <20> entry, open the 'hosts' (no ext) file in the windows directory and add the target IP with the share name right after it, e.g 203.214.200.15 SHARED. Save this file, and then go Start > Find > Computer and search for the IP. When the results show up, double click the computer name, and then the password entry screen will appear. If there is no password you will be logged in straight away. Personally, I have found way more open shares than I ever thought people would be stupid enough to enable, and most of these do not have passwords. Hopefully this helped you along a bit

hey powertoad.. (nice name) welcome to AO.. good first post

Banned
    i recomend LANGuard NetworkScanner, it shows open ports and if ther have File Sharing enable and what Folder are they sharing, and other neat stuff.

Banned
    would have taken 10 secs to do a search and find my tutorial for both windows and linux...
    i call it lazyness i tell you
    RiOtEr
    p.s i cant winge im the lasiest memeber in ao