Thread: netbus clarification

Cool netbus clarification

So..Im surfing around on the newbie section and I have come across two different newbie posts about netbus. I cant remember the exact posts, but the first one was about some kid who had a friend with a cisco 3640 computer. Funny...dont remember cisco ever making computers, and when I searched google, I found that his freind owned a cicsco router that cost about 4000 bucks. Anywho...He used nmap to search the ports and came across two different ports 12345, and 123456netbus. Now the question is..why would a person have two different ports with netbus on them. From what I have read on google and saw on this other post in here, netbus is a client server based system for taking controll of another system when the person runds the exe file. Also something that has to do with a trogan as well. Can anyone clarify for me why it would how a port of 12345, and 123456 with netbus or is that just how the netbus program works?

Thanks.
    See dick... see dick hack yahoo...see dick go to jail... dont be a dick.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Earlier versions were on port 12345. Later versions were on port 12346 in an attempt to by-pass firewalls. I think now you can set the port yourself.

The filtered portion doesn't indicate that the port is actually open. It just means that the firewall is blocking that port (probably along with another 30 known trojan ports)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

thanks
    See dick... see dick hack yahoo...see dick go to jail... dont be a dick.

from what I have seen of netbus screenshots (version 2.10 Pro), you can pick what port you want it to run on. The same person might have two netbus servers on their system. one is prob and old version of netbus and one a newer one.

Thumbs up

Yea, I use Netbus 2.10. Although you can set the server .exe on any TCP port, the person running the program at his/her computer has to configure it exactly right. For safety reasons, Netbus 2.10 also has a password verification to access the server. More of a Remote Adminstration Tool, rather than a Remote Access Trojan.
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

Im wondering Showtime8000, you say that you use Netbus which is a mostly classified as a trojan or as you say Remote Administration Tool. I don't mean to accuse you or assume anything, but why are you using Netbus 2.10?

Wink

In reply to the post above, just read the name of the program. Just from that you might get the drift of how I use the program. Plus, if I used it as a R.A.T, dont you think Id use a tool with more options?? In Netbus 2.10 you cant delete files or view cached passwords, unless you pay for the full version. Why dont I just use SubSeven or an earlier edition?
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

Oic, informative purposes, that clears it up. Since yoou read on netbus, why dont you PM the_adairs and help him out eh?