Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is hacking really possible????

Is hacking really possible????

You know, i hear of people hacking programs with exploits and doin buffer overflow left and right, but i have never really ever heard of somebody hacking a plain jane computer running windows 98 and taking full controll. Is that even possible, no sub 7, no Backdoor aside from what microsoft probobly already has there. if anybody can, i would be willing to put my computer on the line just to see it. or not, if they think im trying to get sombody hacked which would be my mindset. its just that i have never really heard of that happening.

Everything is possible..With exploits its possible to take full control of computer...First u need to know security problem in that computer and then write .c file that couse security problem to become a hole..... and u gain commands executions...with command executions u can view admin passwords and etc. With buffer overflow u just crash or slow down the computer.

it doesn't have to be a program written in C to exploit a security bug....also most OSs do not allow you to see the passwords no matter what privs you have, so "cracking" the password file will probably need to be cracked....also buffer overflow are not normally used to slow down or crash a system, they are normally used to execute code... Just thought I would point this out...:P
    http://www25.brinkster.com/cheeseball

-- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment--

I said a plain jane windows 98 se computer with no programs running aside from windows just connected to the net, i know programs can be exploited, but i have never heard of windows itself geting exploited except for Con Con

there are ways to get onto a plain win98 comp.
    there have always been problems with ms's security management and especially the sharing setup..
    .. but if you want to have full access and control you certainly need to install a trojan like sub7.

i would say the easiest way to solve your "problem" is to get into onto a shared device (you need to have access to the startup-folder); upload a trojan-server; and let the computer crash down, on the next restart (computer must start normally) server installs automatically and you have your full access..

..this is just one way of doing it.. greets

BlazeTech --

Post your IP and we'll let you know Nah - didn't think so...
    \"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.\"
    Sir Winston Churchill.

ehmm,
    go to start>program>run and then type winipcfg, you will surely find ya IP adress ,
    so all you have to do is post me ya IP and just sit back and relax, i will show you the rest!
    how it's been done

it can be done and with some ease... no need for a trojan or anything. there are plenty of ms exploits... xp home edition actually has the best exploits for full control though....
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

yes it is possible, but my question is, who would really want to? you think a honest and true hacker really wants to intrude on your little 98 machine? for what? to look at your pr0n? maybe a script kiddie would bother, but of course, the script kiddie would just hit you with a RAT of some sort.
    the purpose of hacking a node such as your 98 machine would be to get to bigger and better systems, for example, other machines on your network. the prime targets for hacking are servers, and other important systems running databases, email servers, web servers, etc. no windows 98 machine will be responsible for running these services, but by gaining some access to your 98 machine through file sharing exploits, etc, your system may reveal a vulnerablity or insecure password to other machines. that is the point of hacking. to get to the r00t of the network. not gaining control of soemone's 98 home pr0n machine.

what is an example of the xp home exploit... you are making me nervous when you all talk like this..?could you show an example of this..? is it really that "easy"...
    thanks