Norton subscription after expiration...

Thread: Norton subscription after expiration...

Thumbs up Norton subscription after expiration...

i was getting bugged that my norton kept reminding me that my subscription had expired..
    so i was searching to see if you could get updates without paying extra...i came across a site that i failed to copy ??(so i cant take credit for this) but i guess that if you change your time/date in the taskbar thats all the program looks at to see if your subscription is up!!! so i tried it and it worked...i thought it was cool and most of you probably already know that but hey if it helps anyone then cool!

LeadBelly

The Iceman Cometh
    Or you can just go to Symantec's Virus Definition Download Page and download them manually and install them via the Intelligent Updater. You have to do so manually each time you want to update, but it's a legitimate way to get updates after your expiration.

AJ

EDIT: This is a completely legal way, which Symantec even offers. The LiveUpdate feature is a subscription-based service, but virus definitions are not. I know there's a page on the Symantec site somewhere that mentions this, but I can't find it right now. I'll look more this evening and let you know when I find it.

Lightbulb Or you could do the best thing....

Simply uninstall, and then reinstall Norton (works great with latest - 2002) then you get another year subscription, simply don't REGISTER (click skip registration button after install) then you can manually install dats OR automatically. have fun

- cleverest
    - cleverest
    \"...the smallest light can pierce the greatest darkness\"

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    OR, you could do it legally and actually PAY for you updates.

If you don't want to pay for them, get AVG ( www.grisoft.com ) so you don't have to pay for them...
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

You're all going to burn in Hell!

LOL Conf1rmed, seriously pirating isnt cool...
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

Banned
    I would tell you an easy way to subvert it but I don't want to get flamed or anything, instead I'll tell you a great place to go to. CNet, they offer new virus updates for all the major antivirus software providers. Try that.

i didnt really think of that as pirating...i mean i bought the software initially....do you really consider that as being unethical...dont you think they would have made it a little harder then altering the time/date???

Banned
    Hehe, that was MY trick. Than ks for spoiling it.

Banned
    Damn spelling, I meant thanks. Not than ks. You guys got what i meant though.