Hi, for all of you who don't know, perl2exe if a program that will compile perl scripts into executables, i also found a bat2exe but thats another story, anyway, the execuatable that it produces is quite big. A simple program such as a find utility simular to the one that comes with DOS would take up about 1 megs or more of space, which is large considering the task it preforms is simple. So to solve the problem i began to investigate binding and compressing. I found a program at www.simtel.net called lzexe91e which is free. It is suposed to compress exe files to a smaller size, yet it does not work with all exe's, I dont know why. So i tryed it on a exe i had made with perl2exe, i made a backup before i did the compressing just in case. As it began to compress my exe it warned me that it was haveing problems compressing, then it asked me if i wanted to continue, i clicked continue because i wanted some adventure. Lucky I did the backup because it repalced my original. Not only that but, the new compressed exe does not work, when run it sais it will not run in DOS mode, which I found kinda hairy, being that it was a dos app in the first place. So my question is does anyone know of a exe compresser that I can use to compress my exe files created with perl2exe. I think seeing that perl is a scripting language and not a compiled language, the perl2exe has to do a complex aligrithm just to compile it, so that problably has something to do with the size, and ultimately why it wont compress. I know it would be much easyer to do in C, but I am lazy and adventuris :P