Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AntiVirus Options

Lightbulb AntiVirus Options

The most common Antivirus Tools out there right now would be Norton or McAfee well these do the job but I found a program does better (I think). It is called Kaspersky.

Norton AntiVirus:
    www.symantec.com

McAfee AntiVirus
    www.mcafee.com

Kaspersky AntiVirus
    www.kaspersky.com

Try it out and post what you think. No real fancy graphics but it is awesome in it's scanning process.

Kaspersky is OK, but mcaffee and norton are better by far. And Norton was cnet's top antivirus pick. Most pick Norton for ease of use and their always current live updates.

The commercial implementation of Kapersky is very good. I deploy it on my network and all my clients networks unless they specify otherwise. The reason being is. It's been 100% at detecting virii on my clients machines. The best of all though, it does'nt use up as much resources as the others. You hardly even notice it's running. Thats one thing you can say about the Russians. They don't have the resources to develop and create bloatware with preaty interfaces. They make it do what it's supossed to do and thats it. Period. The newer versions even do script checking. It can be run stand alone or as a service or it has a snap in console to run it across a network. No I don't work for them but I've used them all at one time or another and Kapersky and the older F-Prot were the best I've used. McAfee and Nortons just use up to many resources running in the background. Besides Kapersky covers my Win2000 AS network and my Linux machines. I have yet to see McAfee or Norton cover Linux boxes. Which I think is a good thing, as more people go with dual boot machines you find them downloading .exe's with Linux and then placing them on shared VFat drives to be accessable over a network or the dual boot installation though their win32 platform. So it caches the entry of virii to a network regardless of where you download it.

Just my $.02 worth.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Panda is another virus software at www.pandasoftware.com

Another one worth looking into is AVG. It’s free and so far it’s served me well.
    http://www.grisoft.com/
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

Is it free? just wondering ill check it out

Another free AV is Avast32, which is developing a pretty good following lately. It isn't Kaspersky, which might be the best out there right now, but for freeware, it's one of the best.

http://www.avast.com

AVG rocks

OFF TOPIC POST ON THE WAY.....

made-ta-hack (or made-to-hack ) .....last time I looked you were from India.....wtf?
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara