Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Virus?

Kazaa Virus?

I downloaded a crack for 1 of my progams. i didnt realise it was a virus its so anoying. look at this screen shot. i had to delete all my work
    :-p

Kazaa Virus?

I downloaded a crack for 1 of my progams. i didnt realise it was a virus its so anoying. look at this screen shot. i had to delete all my work
    :-p

It's funny you should mention that.This was on the quick tips board when I logges in.

P2p software is rampant with viruses and Trojans. To minimize the risk of being infected stick to downloading non-executable files like .mp3 .pdf .jpg. Try to avoid .exe .com .bat
    There's an unusually large mob of skiddys that download programs and post them in their share folder with the addition of a nasty little bug.The best way to solve the problem is don't use P2P software,but if you must,be suspicious of files if you only get one or two hits on your search for them,because just about anything that is any good will turn up a lot of hits.Also stay away from stuff that sounds too good to be true,because usually it is.

It's funny you should mention that.This was on the quick tips board when I logges in.

P2p software is rampant with viruses and Trojans. To minimize the risk of being infected stick to downloading non-executable files like .mp3 .pdf .jpg. Try to avoid .exe .com .bat
    There's an unusually large mob of skiddys that download programs and post them in their share folder with the addition of a nasty little bug.The best way to solve the problem is don't use P2P software,but if you must,be suspicious of files if you only get one or two hits on your search for them,because just about anything that is any good will turn up a lot of hits.Also stay away from stuff that sounds too good to be true,because usually it is.

gghornet is exactly right - you should really try to stay away from things that may 'seem' like they are what you want - many times, they are not. Some people mislabel items that are available on P2P networks, giving the file-seeker the wrong information. Although there millions that use the file sharing networks like Kazaa and Morpheus, it is, from a security standpoint, best to not use those networks. You may end up getting a hold of something nasty when you thought you were downloading something completely legit.
    - Maverick

gghornet is exactly right - you should really try to stay away from things that may 'seem' like they are what you want - many times, they are not. Some people mislabel items that are available on P2P networks, giving the file-seeker the wrong information. Although there millions that use the file sharing networks like Kazaa and Morpheus, it is, from a security standpoint, best to not use those networks. You may end up getting a hold of something nasty when you thought you were downloading something completely legit.
    - Maverick

That would be the W32.Supernova virus which can be obtained through Kazaa and Msn. You might seriously want to scan most of your files that you download off of Kazaa because any of them could be a potential threat. Btw, the title is Kazaa Virus. I hate to break it to you, but there are probably thousand, maybe millions, of virii on Kazaa.
    Space For Rent.. =]

That would be the W32.Supernova virus which can be obtained through Kazaa and Msn. You might seriously want to scan most of your files that you download off of Kazaa because any of them could be a potential threat. Btw, the title is Kazaa Virus. I hate to break it to you, but there are probably thousand, maybe millions, of virii on Kazaa.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    IMO, Kazza is just one big virus. I stay away from it like the plauge. The fact that you got it while trying to do illegal activities should also teach you a lesson. Cracking is not condoned on these forums and is I think is just plain wrong. You got what you deserved. Next time go buy the program legally and you won't have this problem.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    IMO, Kazza is just one big virus. I stay away from it like the plauge. The fact that you got it while trying to do illegal activities should also teach you a lesson. Cracking is not condoned on these forums and is I think is just plain wrong. You got what you deserved. Next time go buy the program legally and you won't have this problem.