Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: website hacking

website hacking

removed due to a lot of bad feedback... geez....

Too little information for any real help here. You want to know how to protect your site? Start reading through sites like securityfocus.com, xatrix.org, and mountainwave.com/ and you will find all sorts of information about the various services that may be offered through your hosting server. These sites should start to let you see the vulnerabilities inherent within those services, and offer the locations for the most relevant patches.

Regards..
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

hmmm ok...first things first:1. don't name the thread "Web Site Hacking" 2. Don't say i want to hack my website.... ok now that i got that out of the way...Say "For security reasons..i need to find ways to find vulnerablilites in my website, that way i can patch them" What i can say is search around the forums..and look on sites like www.astalavista.com and www.blackcode.com for exploits..and you might want to specify what type of server your site is on.

Edit: i can't type

Different servers have different exploits. A good way to check out the security of your server is to run a wargame, where people must sign up to participate. It also depends on your server's services, just http? Or maybe smtp too?GL

Well You need to be more specific.If you tell me what operating system your site is running on then maybe i can tell you a few things.But as far as your security for your site goes , i would suggest coughing up some old exploits and using them against your site , and if they work , youd better get your sowing equipment because your gonna need to patch a few holes.

-You Are Only As Smart As You Are , But is There Really A Limit to how smart One can be?

"Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Keep your server fully patched.
    Don't run anything else on it
    Double check all coding (html, php, cgi, etc)

Then you will be all set...
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

If you don't know the operating system or http server of your website, post it here. I'm betting that you are getting someone else to host it, or maybe it's not even your server.

If you don't know the operating system or http server of your website, post the URL here. I'm betting that you are getting someone else to host it, or maybe it's not even your server.

for more info.. i started a new thread called security issues... like i said... i'm new and i'm still getting used to what this community is all about

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Its like going into a headshop asking if they have any Bongs you can smoke marijuana out of ya know.....That will get you kicked out.....much like the Reds you have recieved
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2