Actual kernel config (not a hacking/security post)

Thread: Actual kernel config (not a hacking/security post)

Actual kernel config (not a hacking/security post)

This may be a newbie question, but I won't learn until I ask....
    I installed redhat 7.1 with kernel 2.4.2. Everything works fine. I want to upgrade to the newest kernel version (2.4.18 I think). In my box I use a logitech iFeel mouse (USB). The mouse works fine with kernel 2.4.2, but after I compile the new kernel linux refuse to recognize it. I double checked that I set up options for usb support, human interface, input core, etc.. but I must be missing something. My real question: żis there any way to see the actual configuration of my kernel?. I'd like to boot in th2 2.4.2 and see what options are set so I can choose the same options in my new kernel.

Thanks for reading
    Reality.sys is corrupted
    Restart the universe? y/n

You should be able to cd to /usr/src/linux and look at a file called .config. You should be able to copy your existing kernel config by doing the following:

cd to 2.4.18 kernel source (say /usr/src/linux-2.4.18)
    make mrproper
    cp /usr/src/linux/.config ./
    make oldconfig <-- this is similar to make menuconfig, except you will only be prompted for items marked NEW.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?