Lease a Fast Internet Line
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lease a Fast Internet Line

Lease a Fast Internet Line

I'm looking into leasing a fast internet line in UK for my web and mail server.
    Any suggestions will be gratefully appreciated.
    Micky

Banned
    Get an OC or DS lines, 45 megabits of raw power. It is crazy expensive though, so if this is more for a local community you might want to try something along the lines of T1, maybe a couple of T1 trunks will do a good job. And if you are providing this service for a very small community, you can just buy a couple of DSL or cable connections. Use some software to put all the bandwidth into a pool, and whenever services need it, they can use it. And trust me software like that does exist, I forget where I saw it though. Maybe a router would do the trick, though I do not know too much about them.

I have connections from 2mb to 34/155 SDH circuits in the uk, Let me know more about what you are looking for in terms of bandwidth, service levels and services etc i am sure i can point you in the right direction.

PC

The connection has to be 100% reliable and able to cope with at least 200 business websites with an average of 15,000 hits a month on each site and 5000 mailbox for business use.

I will be using two high spec server so I need at least two IP addresses. OS: win2000 and RedHat 7.x on Cobalt Raq. Software: IIS5, Apache, Sendmail, VopMail, Neomail.

Iím looking into spending around £2000-£3000 annually.

Bandwidth should be at least 1mb or 2mb

Are you looking to colocate the servers or have the connection yourself for anything remotely like 100% fault tolerance you will need to have a generator backed ups system to cover power outages as this is the most common cause of downtime in my experience.

Where are you based as this will significantly affect cost

PC

Ideally, Colocate my own server with company that provide 100% fault tolerance as far as network connection, power outages and generator backup ups system is concern.

for this to become achieveable i think we need to look at monthly data transfer rather than dedicated bandwidth. Is this an option? also the size in "U" of the machines will be an issue too as most seem to be charged annually on a per U basis

for dedicated 2mb you will be looking at 10k from a decent colo partner with excellent global peering agreements but this might not be such an issue depending on your customer base

Is there a website with list of company offering this kind of co-location solution in UK?

not that ive found but i did do a quick google search for colocation in the uk and there are more than enough potential hosts and options

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=col...UK%7CcountryGB

Thanks paulcottingham for the link. I'm into something now.