anon browsing through ssl

Thread: anon browsing through ssl

anon browsing through ssl

I have very limited skills in html and have a question that is probably simple but mabey im just not searching google with the right key words.

I have set up an ssl conection (a tunnel) with my home pc from work through the firewall, upon connection I would like to be able to browse from there. mabey view through a frame and be able to type the url on my web page so that I can browse through this secured connection without using a slow poke proxy half way around the country that gets hammerd through out the day.

Any references or how to links would be helpful.
    Integrity...loyalty.....and the willingness to make a better world for us all.

Banned
    Most offices use a proxy server, that has the REAL internet connection, the others leach off of there. Like my sister's work, I can't use their proxy, because it is local, and has no opening for a connection from outside the offce. So I can't dial into there or anything. Maybe there is a way to get an outside connection but I don't know how. But my school I can do it at. I just checked up what the IP of their proxy/firewall was and typed into IE's connection configuration, and bingo. Unfortunately it isn't very secure or anonymous, most people still manage to find my IP. Go to your work, and check out if your browser is set up to use a proxy or not. If it is, check the name/IP addy, it is a name, like, oh, say, I dunno, watson(the name my sister's work uses) then go as your IS guy if you can use it at home. If there is an IP addy, then write it down as well as the port number, and type that in at home.

Ko123 you dont understand I connect through a filtered fire wall at work that restricts just about everything.
    I have set up an ssl server at my house that I can connect to and log on to my web homes local site.

I want to use this to browse through.
    I have to use the proxy server at work or I wouldnt be able to get out
    here we use a smart filter and low and behold antionline is a restricted site.

Currently I am ussing an anon ssl server to browse antionline the filter does not filter this secured connection. This ssl proxy that I am ussing is slow so I want to set up my own ssl proxy but with restrictions so no one else uses it.

hrmmm no answers do ya think it immoral to want a little privacy in the work place?
    Do you think what the "admins" dont see will hurt them?
    If your proxy is to anal dont you think it borders censorship and freedom rights?

I think what the admins dont see (or over-look) can bite them in the arse later.
    I also think that some workplace proxies are not anal enough.

I am also alarmed at how easy an SSL tunnel can be set up and used to transfer most protocols.

Is there a way to legaly restrict Secure/filter secure connections or is just one of the many unpracticed measures that admins fail to address?

Lets see if you are talking https and a proxy server and perhaps also a firewall you would have to have Admin set up the port to accept and send on the https port. As fpr Admin being anal Seeker, it is not you whom are charged with protectinf the company's assets now are you? Not only do Admin's have to protect the network form lamers on the outside getting in they have to prevent users from using resources and creating liaiblities for the company because they think network resources are there for them. Bottom line unless you have Admins permission to use such things it is best to leave it all alone, Admin is looking to secure their networks and company assets, and your work computer is one of those assets. As for what Admin address's well lots that you are not privy to. I did not invewnt the rules it is just how it is.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Yes I am talking HTTPS on port 80 instead of 443. No permissions there just ussing it.
    I did not mean that an admin might be "anal"(bad choice for a word) just the rules could be. which I realize that are in place for a reason and frankly should be more restrictive in most cases.
    I was backup admin for some time till 65% of the workforce was layed off I am aware of how the admins there operated and quite frankly the third party security that was farmed out was a joke. Using that experience as my perspective and comparing the world wide corporate network that I am on now I would think that it should be more restrictive, and mabey it is and im looking quite suspicious right now and the smack is going to come down on me.
    Wouldnt be the first and may not be the last.
    At least I should be given a copy of the corperate itranet/internet policy, but hey I dont make the rules either.

Resources are good here plenty of them network usage is low. I did have telephony hook me up with a dedicated line for my laptop modem.....hmmm multi homed laptop?....

I test my limits but hey that kind of my job!