Thread: Winblows CE firewall

Winblows CE firewall

Okay, I googled it; no love. I visit the main firewall manufacturers; still no love. I know you guys have many resources at your disposal so I pose this question to you. Where can I find a software firewall for Windows CE?

P.S. I talked to a few vendors and they have 'plans' for one in the near future but I need one now. Any help?
    America - Land of the free, home of the brave.

The Iceman Cometh
    Are you honestly online enough on Windows CE to warrant needing a firewall? How do you connect to the Internet on it? Do you attach the computer to a network for broadband, or just dial-up via a wireless service?

AJ

Actually the wireless aspect is key. This is not a personal toy for me but rather a corporate solution possibility. It will always be connected on the internet somewhere. Mainly our road warriors connecting to 'foreign' customer networks to some back to home office to use our apps. Sales Automation, Enterprise Resource Planning, and Supply Chain Management apps.

The wireless PDA might have price/cost information and whole host of other tasty bits of information I'm sure at least a few people would want.

The Iceman Cometh
    I know at my current location, I have a wireless network running (though no PDAs yet, though I'm working on it). My wireless access points, however, are tied into my gigabit infrastructure, so in order to access the Internet, they are forced to go through my hardware firewall, giving at least some level of protection. If you are going to be roaming, however, you may not always have the luxury of a hardware firewall. The link below might give you some useful info... it discusses Pocket PC 2002 security (its the updated Windows CE). Hope it helps.

http://www.microsoft.com/MOBILE/ente...s/security.asp

AJ

Hi Ganjica check this out http://www.checkpoint.com/press/2002/wince031402.html maybe this is something you need?
    Hope it helps.
    i m gone,thx everyone for so much fun and good info.
    cheers and good bye

Ahhh, checkpoint. I'll definitely have to get a demo of this to test with our PDA choices. Currently it's leaning towards the Toshiba handheld.

Funny my checkpoint rep never said anything about the imminent release of this software, I wonder why?

Anybody have experience with this or any other windows ce software firewalls, I much appreciate your input.

Thanks kindly.