Thread: Linux distros with books

Linux distros with books

I know linux distros come with how to books, i have seen them before. I was wondering, I was going to buy my first full linux distro (I have only had winlinux and zipslack before) I can get either caldera or redhat, I know rh is very newbie oriented. But I was wondering which one will give me the least hassles? And which one will let me configure easily?

The Iceman Cometh
    I think that's pretty subjective depending who you ask. I know many of the people on this site (such as myself) prefer Red Hat, but ulitmately, it's up to you. I would check out their web sites and see which one attracts you more. Also, there have been numerous discussions regarding which Linux distro to use. If you search through the archives, I think you'll find what you're looking for.

AJ

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Between those two, I would definatly go with redhat. Caldera is kinda strange. RH is a LOT more simple to use also.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

if you want a distro with full documentation/good support and good for either newbies or advanced users then go for SuSE

Nah, I am gonna get rh, i guess, with a how to book. Thanx for the advice, see you guyz tonight, it is the next time i will logon or post, bye for now

Antionline Herpetologist
    Get "The Red Hat Linux Bible" or "Red Hat Linux Unleashed". Both are very good books.
    cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com