Thread: yet another challenge

Banned

yet another challenge

ok, well seeing as theres these fun chalenges, i thought id add one that i know by heart. itll stump just about anyone if you ask them out of the blue:
    whats the next letter in the sequence?
    o, t, t, f, f, s, s, e.....?
    ok so anyone can guess the alphabet in order so im gonna add the part to the question of WHY is that the next letter.

im guessing e just cause the other letters repeat but im probly thinking way way way off
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

n???? is it integers?? if that is the correct answer then it should start with a z and not o, just a guess.

Banned
    nope, thats everyones first guess but now you only got another 25 posibilitys and an explination to go....... why am i being so optimistic?

oh yeah, if you DO know the answer for sure hide it to keep those that wanna figure it out on their own from picking it up my accident.

NetSyn, try again man

Banned
    damnit, i knew i didnt reply fast enuf, hide that if you can edit it

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    well, I'm thinking it would be the letter e again. My reasoning is because ttffss and e all have horizontal lines in the figure, whereas o does not. To go furthur I belive the code could continue as: aa, b, c, d, ee, ff, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, ss, tt, u, v, w, x, y, zz
    Of course there is no pattern that i'm seeing besides the horizontal. Perhaps this is way off, so I will look into the paternings to see if I can find more.

don't mind this, just for reference.
    a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z

doh!, nevermind, I was way off... heh

I hid it, sorry about that bro

Banned
    sorry to be so repeditive with the posts but i need to offer kudos to V3RIZON for getting it, and NOT give off all the answer to the one person thats trying it also

also, if you wanna say its integers then you gotta say that its starting at 1, otherwise just say numbers, and by starting at O insted of Z it looks more like a patern and is harder to pick up on.

OTTFFSSE....
    ZOTTFFSSE.....

the second looks alot easier to figure out cause of the Z not being used a whole lot in english.

you can make a derivitive of this using ANY well known sequence, hell try it in french

UDTCCSSHND....... ok so thats probly wrong as my french spelling was always bad but you get the idea. the double letters just help to guide your victim, ahem, partner

Banned
    xmadness --> ok i think you lost me on it all but the main guess, no its not e again, you reasoning may actualy work (i couldnt actualy follow what it was that you were trying to do tho) but its not the answer i was looking for

V3RIZON --> its all good, dont worry about it man