Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't change my avatar.

I can't change my avatar.

I have tried to change my avatar this day and it don't work. results: I have no avatar now.

I used differents old-avatars and differents browsers (IE 6.0 and Mozilla 0.9.6). I have one message with Mozilla telling that it had been an upload error.
    I have tried 30 time and I'm now too busy to do more searches.

Hoping you will be able to solve this,
    your devoted, KissCool.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Same here, tried dozens of variations in size, format and browser used...now I'm using this sinister-looking cow that I found in the avatar database.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

I believe there was a thread the other day the same as this, do a search im sure it ws only the other day ?
    Our destiny is to endure all hardships that we encounter along the path to what we perceive to be true and worthwhile !

The Head foundation
    Please give generously

Is Javascript enabled?
    (Opera doesn't work with the file-type-checking javascript due to standardization issues.)
    Is the file under 15k?
    Is it under (what was it again) 50x50 pixels?
    Is it a .jpg or .gif?
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

i had a problem where I couldn't change my avatar period (the link wasn't there). But all I had to do was login and go to http://www.antionline.com/member.php...on=editavatar.

Hope this helps!

Originally posted here by Terr
    Is Javascript enabled?
    (Opera doesn't work with the file-type-checking javascript due to standardization issues.)
    Is the file under 15k?
    Is it under (what was it again) 50x50 pixels?
    Is it a .jpg or .gif?
    First off, that link you gave will only help with the bug wher you clicked on edit avatar and it sent you to the forums page...JP already fixed that.

Anyway, I have two different avatars, they are under 15K, they are under 50X50, they are jpgs, and I get an upload error even in IE. I'll try it in konquerer and see if it works.

I can't upload anything either. The image is fine according to the specifications. It's under the 64x64 pixel limit, and it's under 20k in size. I tried uploading both in .jpg format and .gif format. I click on Browse, select the image, and then click on "Submit modification", but when I check, my image is blank. I can only use pre-made ones in the db. Any thoughts???
    -Hadoob024-

Hadoob024, you need a certain number of posts to get a custom avatar, 45 I believe.

just had this happen to me. tried to up load a jpg to a thread, got the message 'not a valid jpg image. remade it as a gif and got the same message. i also tried 3 different times to upload a zip file. the file was posted but its empty.
    i finally deleted the whole thread.
    sent them in a PM to myself same story for all three items.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

str34m3r
    I tried uploading the file attachment for my iptables tutorial yesterday, but every time the file kept turning up zero-length. I thought I was just doing something wrong, but maybe something got changed with the file uploads and now it doesn't work. Has anyone uploaded any files recently and had it work correctly? Mine was a .txt file. I had hoped to leave it in file format so people could just download the file and run it, and also wanted to keep the post from being realy long, but eventually I just had to cut and paste the whole file into the thread. Ah well, such is life.