html Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: html Help

Question html Help

Hello all,

I have a small question that could use your help...

I am trying to hide html code that is on a webpage from being viewed through the source code viewer in IE or any browser...

for instance,

<bgsound src="http://www.mysite.com/something to display.xyz" loop="infinite">
    or <body> something something </body>

could this be hidden from someone who would (in IE)do: view->source...

Could someone tell me if it is possible or not and how you would do it?

thanks in advance
    cmd
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Also, keep in mind that determined people will do anything to see the code...
    You'll also have to use some javascript to ensure that your site does not cache on the computer when visited...
    Share on Google+

I would recommend putting a top frame with your banner and disabling right-click. If they do go to view, source, they would only get the code for the top frame . Here is how you disable right-click:

<code>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript">
    var message="Your message here"
    function click(e) { //3.0
    if (document.all) {
    if (event.button == 2 || event.button == 3 || event.button == 6 || event.button == 7) {
    alert(message);
    return false;
    }
    }
    if (document.layers) {
    if (e.which == 3) {
    alert(message);
    return false;
    }
    }
    }
    if (document.layers) {
    document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
    }
    document.onmousedown=click;
    // -->
    </SCRIPT>

</code>

Have fun
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]
    Share on Google+

there was an earlier post a while back that had a similar question. The solution was a simple encryption of the HTML... with a small addition of some java at the top all they can see is some mombo jumbo. The webpage that had this on there was a cut/paste kind of deal... you put the code you want into the window and then click on the button and recopy the new code... I hope you can find it in the forum somewhere... I'll look and see if I can post a link
    Share on Google+

If you would go to file->save as and then d/l the webpage and then view the source, wouldn't that bypass all of thouse attempts to not let u see the source? I don't think that would work on the encrypted one though...
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,
    Share on Google+

I'd just ignore this guy if I were you, because he's posted this three times already, I've answered it once and referred to that answer in another post. I'm sick and tired of him asking the same thing time and time again.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.
    Share on Google+

is this a same post as your other one!!!
    Share on Google+

Hrm..i just answered this question...in another thread..by the same person. We really got to have a system in place to stop this double/triple threading.
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;
    Share on Google+

THERE IS NO WAY TO ENCRYPT HTML AND STILL HAVE IT WORK!

Geez, you think people would get a clue?

It isn't possible for a variety of reasons. BTW, Silent, all someone would need to do is disable Javascript and they could get around that, let alone use a browser such as Mozilla, which will allow you to select the frame for which you want to view the source...
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?
    Share on Google+

I know guys, it isn't the securist thing in the world, but it still works... and what about copying your stuff? A lot of people do that.. right click helps, right? Just trying to help
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]
    Share on Google+