Thread: A GUI for NMAP

A GUI for NMAP

Ok I’d like to give this another shot.

(Over the weekend I tried uploading this zip file to AO, but every time it got downloaded it was empty.

This time im taking another approach, I downloaded this at work and it was fine.)

About a week ago someone asked in a thread if there was a gui available for nmap, I said why don’t you just make one it shouldn’t be that hard, all you gotta do is pass parameters to nmap and redirect the return, blah, blah blah! He said he was learning c++ and didn't know it well enough. i told him it would be easier with vb...

So taking my own advice here it is, a quick and dirty gui. The whole install is 3+ meg (its vb) so im only posting the exe, so you’ll need to have either vb6 or the service pack and NMAP installed.

I would really like feedback on this: ease of use, things lacking if its worth trying to improve or just keep it as a project. I’ve been using it at work and I really like it, but im not a programmer.

http://tedob1.antionline.org

TIA
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Couldn't you just edit nmapfe (GUI packaged with nmap) to what you want?

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Of course you could. But what fun is that? Why use something already done, when you can write your own....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Oh wait, no you can't use nmapfe for this. This runs nmapNT (the windows version of nmap). Well, it looks pretty good tedob1, but I don't have nmap on my win box, so I am not sure how well it works. I did get to see an error code when it couldn't find nmap though
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

the new version is supposed to have a gui with it, but i kept getting ccgnu.dll not a valid image error, ant though it might be easier to write my own rather than mess with it, and id learn alot more about nmap, which i did.

thanks for the feedback souleman, i'll add a 'if exists' statemant.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”