NT/2000/XP Admin Tool

Thread: NT/2000/XP Admin Tool

AntiOnline Newbie

NT/2000/XP Admin Tool

I did a search and didn't see where anybody had brought this up before, so here it goes...

When I worked as a civilian contractor for the Air Force, we used an admin tool called Hyena (I think we were using v2.0 or something of the sort). It used an explorer-style interface and gave us the ability to run countless administrative tasks from any NT machine (I used a laptop w/NT Workstation as I moved around a lot) from anywhere on the WAN. It also had some very useful reporting tools that enabled us to access system information remotely and quickly.

I see now that Hyena is now at v4.2 and they have added a lot of funtionality to an already sweet admin tool.

I would like to know if anybody is currently using the new version and what they think of it. And for those who are interested in trying it out, they have a free fully functional 30-day trial version you can test out.

Yes, I have tried (the latest version of, it think) Hyena and it's a great tool!
    30 day trial expired though... I'll try to have it purchased....

Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

Hi mom!
    We use it as well, but we have licenses for v3 only. I installed the thirty days trial as well today, but didn't play with it yet. I noticed new features include playing around with Exchange servers ... nice ...

In general: I like it.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.