net commands

Thread: net commands

Banned

net commands

hi everyone...ive been messing around with the net commands for a bit....i think that net view is useful, but instead of using net use why cant you just go start->run and \\computer\x$? i find the syntax of net use to be a little tough... just wondering others thoughts.

The Iceman Cometh
    I don't like accessing computers through \\computer simply because it sometimes takes a while to get back a response if a computer isn't currently up on the network. I've been using net commands for quite a while, and I'm pretty happy with them, but I guess since I'm used to them, the syntax doesn't bother me.

AJ

Banned
    some computer when they have many shared folder you jus tipe \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and displays the shares they have like IPC$, PRINTER$, PRINTER, C, D, etc

Bob, refering to the computer trough the UNC path (\\comp\share) is only valid for the browsing session and some programs don't support UNC browsing (example: "command.exe") ...
    net use instead maps a shared drive... that way the share can be used later and by other programs that don't support UNC path browsing..

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss