PHP help

Thread: PHP help

PHP help

Hi
    I would like to know why in most of the websites of now have PHP.... i know is like a page but why cant it be html or htm stuff like that? What does PHP do and why is it for?

I want information for it because if its something good i want to put it on my website!
    [glowpurple]LilDraganon the power of the @[/glowpurple]
    [glowpurple]I am the one who trains like a maniac to have the power to force his opponent body into the shape of a pretzel and gently pin him down to the mat so his mommy can come and cuttle him![/glowpurple]

In Web programming, PHP is a script language and interpreter that is freely available and used primarily on Linux Web servers. PHP, originally derived from Personal Home Page Tools, now stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor, which the PHP FAQ describes as a "recursive acronym."
    PHP is an alternative to Microsoft's Active Server Page (ASP) technology. As with ASP, the PHP script is embedded within a Web page along with its HTML. Before the page is sent to a user that has requested it, the Web server calls PHP to interpret and perform the operations called for in the PHP script.
    An HTML page that includes a PHP script is typically given a file name suffix of ".php" ".php3," or ".phtml". Like ASP, PHP can be thought of as "dynamic HTML pages," since content will vary based on the results of interpreting the script.
    PHP is free and offered under an open source license.

Did you get your answer? I hope

BTW, this is PHP's home page : http://www.php.net/

where can i get php tools and are they easy to use?
    [glowpurple]I am the one who trains like a maniac to have the power to force his opponent body into the shape of a pretzel and gently pin him down to the mat so his mommy can come and cuttle him![/glowpurple]

I've mentioned the PHP home page, they have cources for PHP, check it out and take a search at google for PHP tools. I am not interested much in PHP.

ok thanks for your help

you're welcome LilDraganon, but keep checking the thread, may be other members can mention you some good tools.

This is generally a good site for things like Java, Perl, PHP, MySQL/PostgreSQL and a whole host of other things.

http://www.devshed.com/
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Thanks draziw! Pretty intresting site.