Thread: slackware linux versions...

slackware linux versions...

the Redhat downloads drove me insane, another failed attempt at the second .ISO file. i am going to get slackware..cuz its not 3x637MBs... can anyone recommend a version that i should get..the easiest one please...

thank you very much
    -bobby

The Iceman Cometh
    I'd personally go with Slackware 8.1 if you're dead set upon using Slackware. The installation's pretty clean, but it still has a steep learning curve (as any Linux does). If you want something easy, you may want to try Mandrake 8.2 . It'll be easier to start of with for a newbie.

AJ

get someting like getright so when u d/l it will resume if it mess's up, i got 56k and I d/l all of slackware
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

The third ISO (marked power tools) isn't really needed for a functional RH system, just Install-1 and Install-2...
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    can anyone recommend a version that i should get..the easiest one please...
    When it comes to slackware, there is no such thing. I would get the most recent version of it. If you want something easy, stick with redhat or mandrake. Even debian is easier then slack, but not as easy as RH/mandrake....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman