Thread: NEWS: Pentagon hacker 'The Analyzer' to start jail term Tuesday

Cool NEWS: Pentagon hacker 'The Analyzer' to start jail term Tuesday

Ehud Tannenbaum, who used the computer hacker nom de guerre "The Analyzer," will begin to serve his 18-month sentence Tuesday, after the High Court rejected his appeal against the punishment meted out by the Tel Aviv District Court.

Tannenbaum, a 23-year-old Hod Hasharon resident, was convicted of offenses of conspiracy, wrongful infiltration of computerized material, disruption of computer use, and destroying evidence, after he, together with several other hackers, conspired in 1997 and early 1998 to commit various offenses via the Internet.

Tannenbaum obtained programs such as Trojan Horse, which facilitated illicit entry into classified computer systems; he also upgraded the programs. Tannenbaum admits that he used the Internet illegally to infiltrate computer systems operated by official American organizations, including the Defense Department, the Air Force and the Navy.

In rejecting Tannenbaum's appeal, justice Shlomo Levine wrote that, "the severity with which the sentencing court viewed the crimes leaves no room for a higher court to interfere with the sentence."

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Isn't this the kid that put antionline on the map in the firstplace? Back when this was a news site....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Court decisions like this need plenty of publicity to spread the message that this type of internet use can not be tolerated. And why would somone do such a thin still escapes me.
    Integrity...loyalty.....and the willingness to make a better world for us all.

Hi mom!
    Yeah Souleman, that's the first big story I remember on antionline too.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

If it is the same guy then he has just smeared scum all over the face of AO. I mean did the guy even program his own trojans or did he just advance them? Dang....

I think based on the article he advanced them. When did he come here?

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    damn u guys have a good memory...i dont even rememebr that :/
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    He was never here. He was never a member. AO used to be a news site, not forums. The first big news article here, which got JP and AO a LOT of publicity, was the Anazlyzer story. JP was the FIRST to release the story. I believe someone involved contacted him (there were multiple people involved in the pentagon hack).

Anyway, Anazlyzer coordinated it, and may have written some of the progies that were used in the attack. This was back in 96 or 97 I believe.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman