Login Scripts

Thread: Login Scripts

Question Login Scripts

I read much here on how local policy settings can be worked around well for that matter many things worked around if they are set local. I do not read much here about login scripts, if they are written correctly many things including the boot sequence and policies can be loaded across a network. I would just like to know who out here uses login scripts besides myself and how you use these to set policies and profiles and deal with network security. No specifics are needed just generally how you use them and why? If you do not use them again why not?
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

I use mine mostly to map drive letters. Some of my login scripts help users clear out their temporary internet files.

Once I used it do auto-install an upgrade to some client side software we run.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    My login scripts are all set to map drive letters. Thats it here.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Well want to have some fun and it is easer in W2K goto the cmd type in set|more as far is the start function try start /?. A quick look and one can see some fun things to do with login scripts, or even set your own variables. The Linux people do all sorts of fun things with scripts.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg