Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ok, here's a toughy(atleast i think so)

i may as well throw in annother hint:
    you will need to do some basic math on the first number(no constants involved really...its not like some stupid "add 359 then divide by 3 and square it" thing)
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    8 ball, 3715217-3-1-2-4

I had figured that the numbers were an encoded set of letters (though there's 12 digits there and nine positions). The hyphenated numbers indicated the order, I thought... but that's as much as I've looked at it in-between fires today.
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

xmadness - you passed :-D
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

just for the record, it still hasn't been broken(xmaddness pm'd me and asked how it was done), and i'm still willing to crypt whatever size text you wish if you specify...hell, i'll even crypt any spefic text you want...what i'm really looking for is if anybody can break the algorithm.
    -8-

8-ball: can you give us a cleartext/ciphertext pair?

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

sure, no problem.
    the cleartext to the challenge is "break me."
    -8-

the cleartext is in the above post...i made it hidden incase sombody out there is still crazy enough to try to break it from scratch

annother small hint is that if i was to use a VERY small ammount of text it would actually get much easier to break it. with what i used i'd say its fairly hard from the outside. if i were to do a really big piece of text i think it would probably be really hard to break(although certian aspects would become obvious immeadiatly)
    -8-

Argh.. what was the cleartext to xmadness' ciphertext?

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

xmasness' ciphertext is "test" in cleartext.
    -8-