Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ok, here's a toughy(atleast i think so)

once again i marked it as hidden for the massochists out there.

here's annother hint: dont look for straightforward 1 to 1 corilations(dont try breaking up the first number into pairs/triplets/whatever...it hast to be intact to decrypt it unless there is some wierd method that i'm not aware of...and there shouldn't be).

the other hint is that this is a crappy alg. in that it is 100% dependant on the alg. to get the output, as there is no key to it.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

if anybody is actually working on this, when you give up go ahead and post and i'll post the algorythm.

i kinda get the feeling this thread is just gonna wind up droping off the page cause its so damn hard when you dont know what your looking for.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

I'm going mad! I'm just about ready to give up...
    Is the text encoded in ascii or just 1-26 alphabet or what?

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

Banned

Unhappy Utter newbie to this, but it looks fun

Well:
    2) this evaluates to a string containing only letter(s) space(s) and period(s), but could easily be extended to include numbers and symbols
    , so it's got to be ascii.

Next:
    (the numbers after each "-" should be made to look more randomish, which can be done quite easily)
    But
    1) the number after each dash indicates a position.
    If you pick the xth letter and write them in order defined by the -x numbers, there's always 3 characters left over. Does this tie in with
    you will need to do some basic math on the first number(no constants involved really...its not like some stupid "add 359 then divide by 3 and square it" thing)
    ?

------------
    3715217-3-1-2-4 converts to test

1375 remainder 217, which is + in ascii, right?

-------------
    620344603626-4-1-3-8-5-7-2-6-9 converts to break me.

360046243 remainder 626, which is r in ascii, right?
    Converting the remainder characters to ascii doesn't seem to help.

This is tough

Banned

Exclamation Sorry about that

Just realised I'd posted the clear text versions without hiding them.

This could take a while to crack. Can we have 1 more clue tomorrow?

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Here is a longer cypher for this example. 8-ball check my math on this one.

2180498824650592300013072305634-9-18-14-2-3-6-11-13-17-12-16-4-7-1-5-8-10-15-19

This cyphers to "This is a long one."

Pretty ingenious for a couple HS students if you ask me. Although as you can see encrypting long letters and documents can become tedious.

NOTE.. I crunched the numbers for like 2 hours strait, using many different techniques and mathematical expressions before giving up, and when i found out i was rather mad at myself for missing one of the most basic properties of math.

Originally posted here by 8*B@LL
    just for the record, it still hasn't been broken(xmaddness pm'd me and asked how it was done), and i'm still willing to crypt whatever size text you wish if you specify...hell, i'll even crypt any spefic text you want...what i'm really looking for is if anybody can break the algorithm.
    Will you encrypt the words 'a', 'as', and 'as.' (without the quotes of course)??

I have tried many things but havent figure it out yet. Maybe this would help.

Originally posted here by hurt-conveyor

Will you encrypt the words 'a', 'as', and 'as.' (without the quotes of course)??

I have tried many things but havent figure it out yet. Maybe this would help.
    ok, but i'm pretty sure that will be a dead give-away, so i'll put it in the next post hidden
    -8-

"a"
    2-1
    "as"
    134-1-2
    "as."
    14338-1-2-3
    -8-