Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ok, here's a toughy(atleast i think so)

Originally posted here by ammo
    I'm giving up!!! Somebody PM the answer!
    done, it should be in your inbox now.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

ok, if anybody is still working on this let me know, cause if not i'm just going to post the algorithm.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

8*B@LL - And I'll post the program I've written to decrypt it... (When this challenge is done, that is)

Limitations: Number to decrypt must be smaller than (2^32) - 1 (I think...)... If you have a 64-bit system, feel free to recompile the code to decrypt those longer ones... I still haven't had time to work on an encrypting program, yet, though...

I'll release source, etc., but it is a bit messy... You have been warned...

-Tim_axe

well i guess nobody is still working on this so here's the answer:
    the char table goes A-Z, SPACE, Period.
    go through assigning prime nummbers(a =2, b = 3, c = 5...z=101, SPACE = 103, Period = 107).

now, look through the list and note the positions of the smallest number, then the second smallest, ect. this forms the position list at the end. you then multiply each of the numbers that represent the letters together, forming the first number.

to get back to the cleartext, you get the prime factorization of the first number, then convert it to letters and put them in alphabetical order. from there you just take the first letter and put it in the first position, and do the same with the second ect.

thats how it works
    -8-

Banned

Talking

I'm kinda glad I didn't continue...Prime numbers? eew!

Don't worry, this isn't wasted, I'll use it as the basis of my first Python project. It seems a nice little bunch of algorithms to work on