Thread: proxy setup

proxy setup

how do i setup a proxy? i thank the people who gave me good links to lists of proxies but once i get there i have no idea how to set it up....i am a newbie and i am almost ashamed to ask

you need to give more info in your questions. im guessing your using IE. so youd go to 'Tools', select 'internet option', then 'Connection'. in the white box choose your connection and click on 'settings'. Check the box the says 'use a proxy' and enter the proxy address and port number. Close the browser. when you reopen it, the proxy settings will be in effect.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

how can i tell if the proxy is running or not? and yes your assumption was correct, i am running IE.

Question two proxies

Originally posted here by Tedob1
    you need to give more info in your questions. im guessing your using IE. so youd go to 'Tools', select 'internet option', then 'Connection'. in the white box choose your connection and click on 'settings'. Check the box the says 'use a proxy' and enter the proxy address and port number. Close the browser. when you reopen it, the proxy settings will be in effect.
    Yes this is right But if I could I'd ask a different question - I'm already using proxy, but it's only our "local" proxy that gives me no anonymity (we have a little LAN in our flat and we use our server as proxy). Is there any way to use two proxies? You know I mean something like this:

recent situation:
    MYPC -> OUR HOME PROXY -> WHOLE INTERNET (everyone see IP of our server when browsing)

what I want is:
    MY PC -> OUR HOME PROXY -> SOME OTHER PROXY -> WHOLE INTERNET... is this possible?

Thanx
    http://promote.opera.com/small/opera94x15.gif

[gloworange]Sun7dots[/gloworange]