Faster Computer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faster Computer

Question Faster Computer

Hello all just a question which may sound silly , but here we go. Is there a way to make my com faster by either tampering with it or downloading a proggie? Im guessing that most of you have chevys under your hoods , where i have a three wheeler . you may ask why not get a new comp , but at the moment i just want to learn and try new things before i get a chevy aswell , just in case i blow my motor.... if u can help thanks.
    what a day.

Banned
    Well, you can make it more efficient. For example there are programs that will free up ram. And there are probably plenty of tweaks you can run that will maximize efficiency.

AntiOnline Newbie
    wow sry dude i know that you can but i forget. it has to do with jumping it and yes it can burn the board. but you can only go but so fast something to do with the front bus or something.
    sry not much help if any

wortcraft

AntiOnline Newbie
    P.S. there or programs that r freeware on www.webattack.com that will help you.

wortcraft

thanks for your help
    what a day.

if you want to speed up your pc go do a google on overclocking. that will get you some info. read as much as you can, then try overclocking your proc little by little(note: make sure you have suffecient cooling to deal with the added heat).
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

good call 8-ball i look into that 1
    what a day.

Banned
    I would reccomend against that, unless you don't mind diggin your comp an early grave. For one thing, on some computers, overclocking is impossible unless does manually on the hardware, which is kind of dangerous seeing as how easily that hardware can be damaged. Also, if you are going to overclock your CPU, you will make it overheat and wear it out faster. The speed you get your CPU at is the speed the manufacterer has declared is safe for the CPU to go at, by overclocking you wear out your CPU faster, and may have to replace it faster. And about overheating, you can find programs to help with that, but they didn't work for me, so you may want to look into another fan or 2 for your computer, or another cooling solution for your processor.

i will be sure to read as much as i can before doing anything to this comp.. all your suggestions are most welcomed , just have to pick the right one.....thanks again
    what a day.

Originally posted here by komo
    I would reccomend against that, unless you don't mind diggin your comp an early grave. For one thing, on some computers, overclocking is impossible unless does manually on the hardware, which is kind of dangerous seeing as how easily that hardware can be damaged. Also, if you are going to overclock your CPU, you will make it overheat and wear it out faster. The speed you get your CPU at is the speed the manufacterer has declared is safe for the CPU to go at, by overclocking you wear out your CPU faster, and may have to replace it faster. And about overheating, you can find programs to help with that, but they didn't work for me, so you may want to look into another fan or 2 for your computer, or another cooling solution for your processor.
    ok, two things:
    1) the reason i told him to read as much as possible first is that if you read enough you will learn enough to make an INFORMED decesion on weather or not to do this and how far you can go safely.
    2) "but at the moment i just want to learn and try new things before i get a chevy aswell , just in case i blow my motor...."
    he doesnt say "i dont have the money to get a new pc". he doesnt say "i dont want to buy a new PC". he says "i want to learn on this one then move to a new one".

now...overclocking MAY make your proc overheat. overclocking MAY make you have to replace hardware faster. but overclocking WILL NOT do either of those if you read up and learn about what you are doing before you go and do it.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.