Must have for win95
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Must have for win95

Banned

Must have for win95

Like I said before, I heard banned member posts are deleted so I just though I would delete this again.

If any of you people, like me, use windows 95 then chances are your port 139 is open, whether you have file sharing enabled or not. Most people say, that because you have no file sharing enabled, well then it doesn't matter that your port 139 is open. Well, why take any chances. There are 2 things I know of that you can do to close that netbios port. One is to download a .vxd file that will close it for you, I believe that it is an update. The other, more simple option is to download a tool from grc.com, it is called NoShare, if you wish to open up port 139 again, you can download the other tool, LetShare.
    NoShare can be downloaded at http://grc.com/files/noshare.exe
    LetShare can be downloaded at http://grc.com/files/letshare.exe
    Secure your comps people.

Banned
    And one more thing, the reason some people amy prefer this to getting a firewall to block access to ports etc. is that this way requires no system resources, just run the programs once and you won't have to bother with (if you have a computer as slow as min) super fast page loading yet slow load times. I have zonealarm pro, but don't always run it for that reason, so if you do not want a firewall, try to make sure your pc is as secure as you can make it without a firewall.

gee komo.. you might have some computer smarts.. but not a lot of common sense.
    as Neg said.. "NO, banned members posts are not deleted" a simple search would
    of showed you that this wasn't true.
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hlight=NoShare

Banned
    LOL, I don't think you have as much common sense as you seem to think you do. If you check the date you would see I posted all my tutorials again at roughly the same time, negative posted that message today, and anyways he said he was going to delete the other ones, so I am going to leave these ones up.

Originally posted here by komo
    LOL, I don't think you have as much common sense as you seem to think you do. If you check the date you would see I posted all my tutorials again at roughly the same time, negative posted that message today, and anyways he said he was going to delete the other ones, so I am going to leave these ones up.
    Well komo i say if it really makes you feel special, go for it!

i wasn't talking about MY common sense ..
    and i wasn't refering only to this post.. but more to letting everyone know that you're
    a lamer 3 times over. just be glad that i'm not giving you negs.. i figured you deserve
    that third chance

if you went to the home page or any search link within AO.. and typed NoShare in the box
    you would see this.. (look in ko.jpg file)

str34m3r
    Ok, you got banned as komal, then you got banned as ko123, now you come back here with the name komo and the same avatar as komal. Then you repost ko123's tutorials and come back in here with the same arrogant attitude that got you kicked out the first two times. Don't you learn? A few hints if you get banned again but STILL want to come back:

If you want to come back, you should pick a name that isn't ko***. We're neither blind nor dumb.

Try picking a new avatar that has never been associated with your ko*** accounts.

Try posting new tutorials, not the same ones again in the hopes of gaining quick antipoints.

Stop griping about negs. We don't want to hear it and all it gains you is more negs.

Lose the attitude. We're a community here and we don't like some newbie showing up telling us how we should act.

Originally posted here by komo
    Komo, Komo, Komo... what-ever are we going to do with you? *sigh* I suggest you go read those posts again... carefully this time. Both sumdumguy and str34m3r have posted some very useful information and have been around here a whole hell of a lot longer than all three (?) of your accounts combined. I strongly suggest that you re-read it again (yes, again) and try to understand what they are telling you... if you don't understand, come back and calmly explain that you don't understand and what you are falling down on - you tend to buy a whole lot more favoritism with that sort of attitude than you do with you're holier-than-thou approach you've seemed to take, above.

Also, if you would read the FAQ (you've been here long enough, go find it), you would see that there's a pretty good policy here of not deleting posts except under extreme cases - and even then they are normally hidden, not deleted. Negative usually does a great job and, either you misunderstood him or... well, I'd venture you misunderstood him.
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Banned
    Actually I didn't post these tutorials again to get positive points, I did it because I though that my banned account post would get deleted. So sorry about that everyone. And sumdumguy tells me I have no common sense, when I say it back, and try to prove him wrong, why do I get in trouble? And I purposely make all my accounts similar, I already said this. I wanted people to know that I was back and that I was going to continue my newbie oriented posts.

Originally posted here by kom
    And sumdumguy tells me I have no common sense, when I say it back, and try to prove him wrong, why do I get in trouble
    Well, that's exactly my point... thanks for re-stating it so everyone can hear...

You said it to basically "get him back" - which is nothing less than juvenille. If you would have checked in to sumdumguy's post, you might have seen that he is/was correct... if you had checked it to it and not noticed that, it would have been much better to just come back and say "I didn't see that - can you show me again?" or something similiar...

And, pointing back at a previous "rule" I gave you... "If you argue with a member/addict/senior here, chances are you will lose." Remember, you are a newbie here... you have to "play" by the rules of the community (which, you obviously have managed to miss - in both senses of the idea).
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"