You do not know my people...
You have brought destruction before me very eyes through a crward's attack. Innocent people have perished. Live have changed forever. mother's are mouining the loss of their childern. Husbands and wives have been separated forever. my country is in shock and weeping but, you do not know my people.

What lessons did you hope to teach them? Did you want to make them fear? You just steeled their resolve. Did you want to tear them apart? You just brought them togather.

Let me tell you about my people. They are a family that was founded on biblical principles, something you do not understand. They are blessed though they have strayed from God. Wars have plagued my people, but they prevailed. They are a vast and quarrelsome family; a family rent by racial, social, political and class division, but a family nonetheless. They are frivolous and wealthy, spoiled by the ready availability of material goods. Maybe because of that, they walk through life with a certain sense of blithe entitlement, but they are my people.

You have bloodied my people as they have never been bloodied before. But there's a gulf of difference between making them bloody and making them fall, lessons others have learned. When roused, my people are righteous in their outrage, terrible in their force. When provoked by this level of barbarism, they will bear any suffering, pay any cost, go to any length in pursuit of justice. I tell you this without fear of contradiction because I know my people.

You see, the steel in them is not always readily apparent. People who do not know them do not understand that aspect of their character. On this day, my people's bickering is put on hold. As Americans they will weep, as Americans they will mourn, and as Americans, they will rise in defense of all that they cherish.

So I ask you again; What did you hope to teach them? You see' through all this my lamp remains lit. I guide the way to freedom. I continus to bring hope to mankind. Justice shall prevail because, you do not know my people.

Lady Liberty

Author: Anonymous