Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can i Put Admin paswword for win 98 se??

To... Mr. Zigar
    Ok I get the point, your probably pretty pissed at me, either that or your just upset about the hordes of newbies flooding web pages like this one. Let me come clean. Im not a hacker by any means, but most of my "Friends" are. I beilive they are attempting to do what it is that i said I wanted to. it is because of this that i have asked for individuals' like yourself's help. to put it as simply as possible I'm not brown-nosing by saying the "GODs of computer" thing, i was stating the obvious. various people (like yourself im sure) are capible of doing whatever it is that you want to, and because of this i asked my "Stupid question". I appologize for any headaches i gave you by composing that stupid post. Oh and the reason i didnt post it in the right spot was because i was in a hurry to get it posted and not too long after i did it i found the right spot to put it. sorry again
    -Icky-bod

Technically, you can make Win9x much more secure than it is with a combination of policies and profiles, but I think to force logons like that, you need to be on a MS domain with a PDC (primary domain controller). I know you can envoke policies and profiles on a stand-alone PC, but there's some real trickery there. The trick is something like setting up the default profile/policy to have absolutely zero control to do anything. That way, if someone does hit 'Cancel' or escape the system will simply load the default profile/policy -- which does nothing. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who's a guru on policies who could tell you how to set that up.

Your best bet to is to migrate to an OS with some user-level security as a default configuration. (ie, WinNT,XP-Pro,Linux)

/* You are not expected to understand this. */

...you will find that if you are asking intelligent questions...ie...how do i stop my friends from get at my files...you will get very good answers...most of the time...if you ask how do i hack.*.*...you will get slammed...and if you get slammed too much you get banned...

i meant what i said when i said read the faq.. and the tuts....it will answer a lot of questions..maybe prevent you from experiencing "the wrath of ao" ...

this is a good place and if you contribute and learn...you will enjoy your stay...

btw...i never get pissed...i'm too old for that...(oh and thanks for making me feel really old...mr. zigar...geez) and you should know that i'm not the one who neg'd you...everyone is new at one time....and makes errors...course if you were to continue to make such posts....well...you don't want to get neg'd by a senior member whose karma is balanced to myagi's satisfaction...hehe...

welcome to ao ichabod
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Thanks guys for ur valuable reply ..
    I have installed win 2k pro.
    Be Cool ..

First thing!
    Hi viruss, i don't know you, and i dont have anthing against you.
    All i just wanna say is that> change that ****ing nick, get something else, cause there are goin' to be lots of misleads, misunderstanding, etc in the chat room.
    My nick is Virus, and how the hell are gonna be using that, see am well known in the channel, and people will be mistaking you for me.
    And secoundly, i don't ask such silly questions as you do! asking to put an ADMIN password for 98? see 98 is totally an unsecured system, how long dont you know this, it has been 4yrs from 98 to 2002, and you do'nt know this. OH GOD! help him.
    Insummary, people in AO will have been mislead that this you are me, and only God knows what they will be thinking !! with you asking such a silly question
    OH, GOD, i think i ve to talk to JP about this,
    CHANGE THAT NICK OF YOURS!!!!!!

it's me V-I-R-U-S

hey, viruss you deserve those AO Negative antipoints you 've gotten, i wish am able to issue you AO, you would ve been with 6red neg AO points now.

change that nick.

gat to talk to JP about this
    it;s me V-I-R-U-S

This thread has gotten enough negative AO point, and should be closed down.
    Neg, take note.