Thread: brute-force attack..

brute-force attack..

Hi everyone,
    I'm learning C atpresent and interested in developing some attack tools.I want to create first a brute force attack tool(i.e) password guesser.Based on the user constraints(a-z,1-0),the software should create passwords and with that the try couldbe done.

Also suggest me other interesting tools i could develop and also the areas in C where i should concentrate more.

Chokks.

Try developing strong encryption algorhythms or implementing existing ones. Projects lke those are always interesting.

I'm currently working on my version two portscanner and my third version of my firewall.

What are you using for the firewall? iptables?

Well, a brute-force password guesser is going to be a bit tougher than you might want to try as a "learning" tool. You'd be better off just doing it for the sake of generating random patterns, but brute-force of passwords is a little tough... (you might also want to take a look in to the Coast archive for crack and see why that, itself, isn't really a straight "brute force" but it's still frighteningly "good" at password guessing)
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

JCHostingAdmin would you mind sharing the source of the fisrt portscanner with us , i was thinking about starting one too.
    U CANT TOUCH WHAT U CANT SEE

rmchokku. If it's a UNIX-based cracker, you probably are going to have to do a *lot* of research into DES, if you haven't already done so...

Yeah... DES would be a good start - from there, it only gets magnitudes more complicated (literally). LOL
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Thanks for your reply.Tell me what i should do now and how can i work with DES? Can i get the source code of that anywhere??if a tool could generate passwords why not it can be called as an password guesser?Please explain and suggest what i should do at this point.Be elaborative to the extent possible.Give me some URLs too.

Chokks.