Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hackers cause World Cup loss?

The Iceman Cometh

Hackers cause World Cup loss?

I found this article, and considering it related to network security, though you'd all be interested. I pulled out key paragraphs but you can read it all HERE .

Russian hackers blame World Cup defeat on magnetic field

A group of Russian hackers claim to have uncovered a bizarre hi-tech conspiracy that caused their football team to lose against Japan.

The stadium had a complicated computer system but the hackers managed to get into the system of technical servicing that looked after the light control systems, automatic watering and heating of the stadium.

The heating apparently got the hackers confused because they believed there was no need for it in such a warm country as Japan.

When they looked closer they worked out that the system was actually meant for creating a powerful electromagnetic current and field, the capacity of which varied from several variables that were coming from dozens of computers.

However, the hackers believe that the magnetic field was actually used to bend the penalty kick away from the Japanese goal that cost Russia the game.
    AJ

lmfao, some people just don't deal with defeat really well do they? Good Lord... good find, but this is ridiculous, IMO. Hah.

Oh geez... I think these guys watched Hackers too many times or similiar.
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Gosh...people will think of anything to try to blame someone else, wont they? That idea is farfetched in that there is no way to "pull" the ball away on a penalty kick without causing everyones hearts to rupture....the magnetic field would cause the electrical waves of the brain and the heart to pull towards the direction that the ball flew...God...these "hackers" don't have brains do they? There is no Fe components in the ball to speak of....How is a magnetic pulse going to pull it away from the goal?
    M$ support is like shooting yourself in the left foot and then putting a band-aid on the right one.

its called sore losers. god! wow, you lose you lose, the other team won and now is better..

better than yo' sorry azz.
    my pages: (great resources for everyone)
    geeksarecool.com resource for computers, hacking, virii, wutnot.
    thepillbox.net archive of logs and resource for laughter.
    --enjoy these pages, as they grow.

its called sore losers. god! wow, you lose you lose, the other team won and now is better..

better than yo' sorry azz.
    my pages: (great resources for everyone)
    geeksarecool.com resource for computers, hacking, virii, wutnot.
    thepillbox.net archive of logs and resource for laughter.
    --enjoy these pages, as they grow.

is there anything people won't blame hackers for?

know what i blame this on the downfall of? society.
    U suk at teh intuhnet1!!1!1one

What a load of crap, how can people actually believe this?

..... and I am sure we can thank the same technology for deflecting that asteroid from the path of the Earth last week ...... got to love the power of the computer ..... LOL

Lol. Geez, what a conspiracy theory. Some people really like soccer i guess.