Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: System Files

Banned

System Files

Well, i was listening to music with winamp 5.1 and then this video came up, i checked its location and it came from "C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-861567501-764733703-1060284298-1004\Dc1\-tupac - hail mary (video).mpeg" So i went to Folder option and checked so that i could see the Protected System Files. And then i checked C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-861567501-764733703-1060284298-1004\ and there was no Dc1 folder and No tupac video. How come i can't see it. If i can see the System Protected FIles i should be able to see the video too. When i got to properties of C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-861567501-764733703-1060284298-1004\ it shows me that there are 45.05 MB's in there, but when i open the folder there is nothing in there. Explanation?

Can you see it in the recycle bin?

If what you're after is to save a streaming media to harddisk, there are a few tools that can do that.

Peace always,
    <jdenny>
    Always listen to experts. They\'ll tell you what can\'t be done and why. Then go and do it. -- Robert Heinlein
    I\'m basically a very lazy person who likes to get credit for things other people actually do. -- Linus Torvalds

I have seen this in a security context, if you use certain ascii characters at the front of a file, Windows can't "see" it. I think we had a similar (in principle) problem with names in AO?.....trolls found that if they used certain characters, they couldn't be negged.

As I recall it is shift+number pad numbers to get these characters?

Cheers

EDIT: See below for correct instructions...............thanks Moxnix..................the effects of age and alcohol I suppose

As I recall it is shift+number pad numbers to get these characters?
    Actually it is Alt + number(as 255 = " ") (there is an askii character between the quotes)
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Banned
    Actually it is Alt + number(as 255 = " ") (there is an askii character between the quotes)
    That doesn't work in Windows XP.

jdenny: It's not streaming media. I opened it WIndows Media Player, and went File->Save As. ANd isaved it on the desktop again, it saved it in 1 second. And not the Recycle Bin is empty. Can it be something like a Temp File from the Recycle Bin.

MemorY,

I am not sure how you "do it in XP" but I think that XP will not see the file, just like other versions of Windows?

Cheers

the effects of age and alcohol I suppose
    HEH HEH HEH....you must be having quite a night nihl. MemorY is right. XP will display files with undisplayable characters in the name field. It is the first Windows operating system to deo that...I believe.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

AO French Antique News Whore
    Do your Windows Explorer show hidden file? Hide extention of know file? Hide extention of system file?
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Banned
    I got everything enabled, i see every extension there is, known and unknown, and every file should be displayed. It's not like this is a big problem, i was just curious how come i can't see the file.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Weird? Realy weird!

Google time baby!
    -Simon \"SDK\"