Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer

my status bar (at the bottom of the page) no longer appears. how do i get it back? i coudn't find anything in internet options or settings.

I know this isn't really a solution to the current problem, but I would switch over to Mozilla, much faster in my experience, and way more secure. IE is full of bugs. (hey, it's M$ after all, can't expect much)

Status Bar in IE6

If you are using IE6 you can active it by View-> Status Bar.
    (maybe same in earlier versions)

good luck

Have you tried looking in the view menu? Should be an option there for the status bar. Also, it might have something to do with your folder options or simply the size of the window.

btw I don't know if this post belongs in the Microsoft Security Discussions forum. Perhaps another sub-forum would of been better.

And every application has its help file, like IE.

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Originally posted here by cyb3rn3tik
    I know this isn't really a solution to the current problem, but I would switch over to Mozilla, much faster in my experience, and way more secure. IE is full of bugs. (hey, it's M$ after all, can't expect much)
    Oh come on. Microsoft ain't that bad, and beleive me, Linux ain't all it's said to be from my experiences with it. I like Linux for what it does for servers, thats about it. IE is a decent browser for what it does. It's not the best browser, but it does its job fine. On the other hand, Mozilla is one of the crappiest browsers I have ever used. It kept crashing, locking up, and causing random problems on my Red Hat 7.2. As soon as I switched to Opera on *nix, everything ran awsome.

Now all you "i swear by Linux" people, feel free to flame me, but I am just stating my experience.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

str34m3r
    uraloony,
    I tried Mozilla about a year back, and I had some of the same problems you're mentioning. At the time, I resigned myself to using Netscape even though I didn't like it much either. Here recently, someone I work with told me that mozilla had improved, so I tried it again and was much more pleased with the results this time. If you're happy with Opera, fine - keep using it, but don't give Mozilla a bad review just because it used to suck.

uraloony: Strange, no one seems to be having these problems. Which release of mozilla? I have Mozilla 1.0 and Mozilla 0.98, both run with stability and pure speed. There was a bench mark of Mozilla VS IE on Cnet. You see why mozilla is hailed very obviously there.

Mozilla is an innovative product with support for the most cutting-edge web standards, unlike IE (this is other than the fact that it's more customisable, prettier, more feature-packed).

Banned
    There's only one fully W3C-compliant browser... Amaya ! And I'm pretty sure it's faster than Mozilla :/