Posts per day calculation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posts per day calculation

Banned

Posts per day calculation

Now, I browsed AO a lot before the new site was used (quite a while back). When I returned for long enough to decided to get an account again, it was 09-08-2001. But only now have I returned to start posting more fulltime (summer's here at last ). I've clocked up about 10 posts this last day, but my profile says:
    [ 0.04 posts per day ]
    [0% of total posts]

Could you change the calculation to display the average posts per day in the last month/fortnight?. This may seems a rather selfish request, but wouldn't it give more up-to-date data about the current AO users?
    Share on Google+

I really don't think that value of posts per day is important. Some people has 4 posts per day but it is just a crap. Other people post only time to time but every post is "jewel". I think this suggestion is useless, sorry. Try to post good things, try TO LEARN form things that post others and stop taking care about this option, that option...

http://promote.opera.com/small/opera94x15.gif

[gloworange]Sun7dots[/gloworange]
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Aren't AntiPoints to show the quality of posts?

If you're gunna have a posts/day, you might as well have it accurate and relevent.
    Why have the Top 10 Posters and Thread Starters if you don't know how close you are to being one of them? (Planning ahead? )
    They seem to be [x% of total posts] dependant...
    Noone has more than 1700 posts?
    Share on Google+

I have never said that antipoints aren't here to show the quality of posts. But sometimes IMO they do more damage then benefit. Some people (as komo, ko123 etc) are more interested in getting greenies then in learning. I think that this site is here because people want to learn something new and other people can help them with it. Of course antipoints can help you decide how good is the person who's posting. But that's all. Nothing more nothing less. And Top 10 posters, top 10 whatever it's just for interest IMO. It's not important to be top 10 poster just because we have top ten in it. Would you try to be in top ten if we'd have for example top ten of idiots??? I don't think so. And the last thing you wrote that posts per day should be accurate - but it is! You are here for y days you made x posts so it's easy calculation... I'm still not getting your point why is it so important for you to have 2 posts per day or I don't know how much... Try to focus yourself to get some knoladge instead.

Share on Google+

Banned
    I'm not fussed for having the highest ranking, and trust me I know this site's great for learning

It's just that having the average posts/day for over 9 months of posts can really ruin it's value.
    Share on Google+

If you think so... For example I never look at the number of posts per day when I'm reading someones post. But whatever - fight for your right to have your posts per day recounted!!!

Share on Google+

Banned

It's probably just me...

I know on the game forums I've been frequenting (where there's no APs : p), it's very common to have postcount-related ranks, posting competitions (Bi-Annual Spammies : D), and thousands of posts clocked up in a few months, while still being very relevent and fun for all

But as you say, this place is more for learning, so I'll let this one wait for JP to stroll by and pass judgement

Curse the smilies/text ratio limit!
    Share on Google+

I'm fairly certain that the "posts per day" is an average based on posts you've made overall/days you've logged on(multiple times per day or not).

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Share on Google+

Banned
    Hmm, 18 posts /0.06 postsperday/30dayspermonth = 10 months... I doubt I was on for all those months I've been here
    Share on Google+

I'd like to see an 'average antipoints/message' calculation!
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25
    Share on Google+