My top 10 "Why I hate aol list"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My top 10 "Why I hate aol list"

My top 10 "Why I hate aol list"

ok...some of you may know i've recently gone to the dark side...i now use aol when i travel....

prior to this i've not paid any attention to aol ads/marketing and of course had no idea what the aol "experience" is like...well...it's like the jimmy hendrix experience without the drugs...music..or clothes...

so...my top10 of why i hate aol...

1 - "it's like an electronic verbal chat" - huh???
    2 - "you've got mail"
    3 - "you've got mail" by britney spears (see attached)
    4 - aol keywords...google for morons
    5 - "you are connected at 28.8"
    6 - "enter our do you look like britney contest"
    7- aol browser 7.0
    8 - "time for a hot new look...get the hair lips and self tan"
    9 - "ready for love...meet singles, try love@aol"
    10 - items 6-9 are just todays welcome screen...

sigh...and 11 is ...aol makes my brain hurt and my iq drop...but i get to visit ao and irc on the road...so there is some compensation

and 12...well..everyone else on aol...hehe
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

TechieChick
    13. AOL borks your attachements in AO.

Luv ya Ziggy...you poor thing.

wow.. i feel sorry for you zigar.. having to use aohell..
    pm me and i'll let you in on a secret so you don't need to use them.

oh.. and btw.. we have a forum for tech humor now.. so that chitchat doesn't get blogged

Nice one im sure other people will find many more reason, i personally hate there browser i prefer IE to it. Also dont you not have a proper internet connection or sommet like that, but im not sure.
    If its not broken it can still be inproved.

Whooooaaa that "you've got a mail" thing is soo scary
    http://promote.opera.com/small/opera94x15.gif

[gloworange]Sun7dots[/gloworange]

funny?...funny?...there's nothing funny about aol....

and tc...i was able to dl the attachment...and it worked...hmm...maybe it's aol encrypted...

i tested it in winamp...and was set on repeat...5minutes of that...and i would have jumped out the hotel window...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

TechieChick
    Hrm...maybe it's an end user issue.
    My...end to be specific.

All I get is a blank page with the infamous red X in the corner.

/me avoids making any comment about tc's end

but...ooh...what's your screen name...you want to have an electronic verbal chat ..a/s/l????

gah...someone shoot me

I don't know if there is the same advertissment on tv in usa. But here (in France) AOL use the "you've got a mail" (in french version of course) in their ad, with 2 young users that think it's fun.

I hate this ad!!
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

GreekGoddess
    I don't know, but that integrated buddy list gets on my nerves. Contrary to what people tend to think, I don't come online to chat all of the time. I usually have it on permanent away or with everyone blocked. It isn't anything personal, it just gets on my nerves to have it going off and all my windows minimizing to take that message.

I have all of my AOL sounds customized because I hated the default. They are a woman robot, almost sounds as if your computer is talking to you...It's actually pretty cool. And as for the Britney thing...DESTROY IT.....it was ANNOYING AND HORRIBLE...do not share that file with anyone......

And whenever I get tired of AOL's browser I just open IE...I mean, I'm still connected to the internet. And AOL isn't all that slow for dial-up.....