Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virus?

Question Virus?

I got a a message via IM from some idiotic kid. It said he sent me "Evil Intentions 2 - Virus Sender" I just ignored it and logged out, but what is that? Could it possibly be a virus or maybe simply a image file. Just wonderin'. Thanks pplz.

Banned
    ok..check the file's extension if its .jpg.exe then it probably is...or scan it w/ an AV. if you are worried scan your computer..or port scan your IP and check to see if ports 1234 or 27324 are open

i'm confused.. did you actually accept (allow) the transfer of a file ?
    a quick google search showed Evil Intentions 2 was a "pro" wrestling event.
    perhaps the kid was a little bent on wrestling.. lol

Hmmmm............wrestling? Eh, but no i didnt say i would accept a file transfer, and nothing seems to be wrong, yet. Thanks though.

If you didn't download the file and run it, then you have nothing to worry about.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

Banned

Relevent note

I once started a transfer after an ex-friend talked me into it (I was being cautious). After a few seconds of silence from him, I then cancelled it (suspecting something) and as soon as the temp data was then processed, Norton AV picked it up and killed it

Re: Virus?

what was the extension of the file? it was most likely some aohell lamer tryin to be leet. make sure you got ur anti-virii running before dlin any .exe files
    -
    -
    Originally posted here by Kage-Maru
    I got a a message via IM from some idiotic kid. It said he sent me "Evil Intentions 2 - Virus Sender" I just ignored it and logged out, but what is that? Could it possibly be a virus or maybe simply a image file. Just wonderin'. Thanks pplz.
    [blur]-= Vi†aje =-[/blur] \"Yeah i know you could kick my ass
    But i could hack your computer!\"

Just FYI, there aren't a Hell of a lot of JPG virii around atm, so I doubt a little kid could get his hands on one of them.

Just don't open it. Like thesecretfire said, If you don't run it, you can't get infected. A virus has to be executed (opened) before it can cause any damage.

Don't connect with the kid and avoid talking with he/she if the subject always ends up where the lamer tries to get you. Use your common sense.