Thread: formatting c:?

Question formatting c:?

say I installed linux in my computer and want to uninstall it, do i just
    type FORMAT C: or is it a different command if i wanna uninstall linux and
    install windows back?

Not likely. The MS fdisk utility won't see the Linux partitions and subsequently won't format them for you. Recommended: You know the manufacture of your HDD? Go to the website, and grab their low level format utility. It will leave the HDD in a state that is clean and clear.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Regards.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

Go to http://www.powerquest.com/ , download "partition Magic" , delete your linux partition and make a fat partition. That's all.

ok thanks

Suspect, even positive antipoints? wow

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    well partition magic sometimes wont work considering u dont have an OS on the system ...easiet way to do this is get a boot disk delete the linux partition and make a logical DOS partition then put in ur windows cd and it will install it on the DOS partition ...jw why u do u want to get rid of Linux?
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

hehe yeah. I don't want people to think that i'm just posting to higher up my number of post. Some guy traumatized me by giving me 3 negative points in 1 thread lol.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Emrys, Partition Magic has its own boot sectors and can boot from the disks. I have partition magic 5 (I think its 5) and its two disks and will boot without any OS on the system. I used it many times to mess with/create my fat, and ext2 partitions. I mean that is what its for right, make partitions. How can you have an OS without a partition? heh... Perhaps the cd-rom version won't boot, but i think it should have a utility on the cd-rom to make bootable disks, but i could be wrong.

In cases like this, I used a tool called gwscan that came on one of my Windows CD's. If you happen to have it, after starting the computer up with the cd in, run gwscan, and there should be an option to "Set 0's to drive" or something like that. Do that, and then try formatting and installing Windows.

Good luck.