Thread: Title of main page.

Title of main page.

ok, I know it's a really little detail but when a lamer ask "how to hack?" there 's always somebody to said : "it's a security site, not a hacking site."

I agree with this but ther's an incoherence since the title of the main page of AntiOnline is "AntiOnline - security site - hacking & hackers"!!

I think it could be a great idea to stop to give a false idea of what this site speak in the main page.

A new title could be such as "how to protect yourself from hackers" and so on...
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Banned

Maybe

It's because commonly known "hackers" are called crackers/script kiddies here, while programmers are true hackers, so the title means it's for guys and gals who know what they're doing with the core of a pc, not someone who wants to deface websites

Yes but this title attract a lot of kiddies here and I think "real hackers" needn't it.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Yes it is because of what Proud said, it think they should put a link or a message saying that this is no were to ask about ileagle things like defacing websites.
    If its not broken it can still be inproved.

soz about the spellings
    If its not broken it can still be inproved.

Yes but this title attract a lot of kiddies here and I think "real hackers" needn't it.
    see in the meta, the word hacker is used as well... so if you go to google and search for hacker... antionline comes up. so i think there is more then the title that would attract the kiddies... besides kiddies are good for balancing out antipoints
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

Don't worry about skript kiddies, I don't think so if someone with just visiting such a site like antionline, blackcode, astalavista,.... being able to hack or better say crack. Hacking needs alot of knowlage and effort, and like what Proud said programmers are real hackers and if you have read the fight back linke in AO it describes the term Hacker as: A person who enjoys exploring the details of programmable systems and how to stretch their capabilities, as opposed to most users, who prefer to learn only the minimum necessary.

Code:
    <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="Computer Security,Hacking,Hacker,Crackers,Virus,[bVirii[/b],Webpages,DOS[/b]denial of service[/b],links,encryption,spoofing,news,texts,password,port monitors,key logger,boxes,wardialers,patches,exploits,fixes,hot fixes,antionline,bugs,technology,">
    <META NAME="description" CONTENT="Antionline's mission is to educate users about computer security related issues>
    Ok in the meta tags there are some words which may attract kiddies if they are hunting for a site using the likes of google - but then look at the description - how much plainer could it be what this site is about? If their dumb enough to still come here and ask how do i hack....? then they deserve tobe flammed into oblivion with their threads jumping of tall buildings to unsightly deaths!!

v_Ln

Banned
    Greetings All:

All of our titles, meta-keywords, and meta-descriptions were carefully designed to attract visitors to our site by achieving high placements in search engines.

Once users get to our site, I think that our mission becomes very clear very quickly.

Thanks for the suggestion though!