I really hate my pager

Thread: I really hate my pager

I really hate my pager

How many of you have been paged at 3:30 in the morning to deal with an issue you have absolutely no control over, only to find out no one else does either, but everyone's looking at you, so you go scrambling around for contact numbers for people who should have control, but you can't find them on your documentation site (the one you spend 6 weeks re-writing, because you "felt it needed a facelift"), and you probably couldn't read them through your eyelids anyway, because you're still not awake yet (even though that damn pager going off sent enough adrenaline through you to kill a small hippo), but still you try because you cling to some ridiculous sense of loyalty that you blame your father for, but in the end you just want to go back to bed and to hell with your company, your job, and your pager?

Just me?
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

wow, you sound a bit irate lol
    little less caffiene, perhaps or a nice long vacation... before they give you a "forced" vacation in a little white room with nice soft walls.
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

Nothing's worse than the sunday afternoon phone call that the printer's broken.

Only to come in and put paper in the tray and walk out.

God I hate being salary. Any good hourly positions open in PA? heheh...I'd love to see that department paying for my sunday overtime because they can't figure out how to add paper.

Now, now. I'm not bitter...just very tired. I've had a good hour and a half of sleep in the last 36, and pink elephants are now dancing around my cube...in tutu's. To be honest, the most disturbing thing isn't the elephants, but the fact that right now I don't really mind them.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */