Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cd-burner question...

cd-burner question...

Is there a major difference in speed between a 40x/10x/40x cd-rw drive and a 24x/10x/40x cd-rw drive? Please help, thanks.

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    yes nearly twice as fast writing speed
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

Banned
    Which means that most CD's that are out will melt in your drive....

I'd suggest going with the faster drive since computers "evolve" so quickly, just keep in mind you will have to configure your computer software to slow down your writing speeds for the time, to ensure proper burn and no melting/damage to both the drive and the cds.

Hi mom!
    the three numbers represent Writing speed, ReWriting speed and Reading speed, in that order.
    So, a 40/10/40 writes CD-R's considerably faster than a 24/10/40, but they write CD-RW's, and read both formats, at the speed.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

That melting thing concerns me. How do I lower the writing speed so the cd's won't melt and how much should I lower it? Can I lower it in burning software like NERO?

There might not really be much dif in speed depending if the burner starts at 40x or it speeds up like some do,
    And if you get the 40x,
    do you really need to burn a cd in less then a minute?
    the 24x will do one in 2.40?
    it just was not worth the money for me to get a 40, I am really happy with the 24x and it only cost me 100 cnd,
    -=Legacy Boy=-

-= You mean there is stuff better then DOS? =-

Originally posted here by SolidPez
    That melting thing concerns me. How do I lower the writing speed so the cd's won't melt and how much should I lower it? Can I lower it in burning software like NERO?
    Yes you can lower the speed in nero there is a little drop down menu,

But I have never seen a cd melt in a drive since the 8x drives came out?
    -=Legacy Boy=-

-= You mean there is stuff better then DOS? =-

Are cds melting in the cd-rw a legitimate concern?

could be.. I'd be more worried about them exploding/shattering though........
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

So how far down should I reduce the speed of a 40x/10x/40x?