Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be carfull what you wish for

Be carfull what you wish for

here I sit it's saturday night and and the best thing i can think of to do is staring at a crt.
    yes its a long and sad story, so I'll not bore you.

I had decided to become good with one of these things --pc-- So I think to myself what the he{{ why not so I tried and tried but couldnt seem to make the grade
    BRAIN FART- what is it that they have that I don't the G word lifestyle, so i tell my wife I'm going to try to realy learn this stuff no prob said she. nite after nite day after day the seem to blend together cold food warm pop the ashtray full to overflow Now dev\null makes sense the heat from my server roastes my leg three other puters humming away at one problem or another( brute forcing a 98 box with netware just to see if i can)
    my s\o just looks at me and wonders what happend where did she go wrong my skin is the color of the case that used to be on my Big machine(overheat) my back side is a perfect fit to the new reclining hight adjustable lumbar support office chair. romance is when you have a meaninful relationship with your isp's router.

What have I become
    I'm not sure, but I'm going to google it and find out

Be Carfull what you wish for you just might get it!!!!!!

GreekGoddess
    *tries to stifle her laughter* OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    My friends just look at me and shake their head. They think I'm some kind of Uber Hacker because I spend so much time on a computer, messing around with programs, writing stuff, and whatnot. In fact, I spend 90% of my day on the computer. I get up occasionally to pee, eat, find something to drink, and get another pack of cigarettes.

And....since I've come here, and I've been learning more about security, I've decided to pick up some classes next semester dealing with programming. Just another excuse to sit in front of the computer.

aah, oldman, I have the term.......UBERGEEK like it?

Well now as another old guy the CRT has at times more to offer then a recliner and TV. Life is what you make of it I suppose. For most days 8 hours at work 50 users and 5 servers is enough. Come home mess around out here interact with people of all ages, spend most weekends like today outside was not a liquid sun shine day. Things today so many wish to break things, few want to fix or maintain, innoviations become breaking into the next box you don't own. What is it you have old guy well a life time of living, think about it the everyday stuff all about you growing up is now taught as history. You can look at a place and recall how it was before the mall's, walk along a street hear a bird sing in the mist of urban america, and sometimes when your lucky a child comes back to you asks for your advice cause your old. Or even an unknown younger person just wants to hear the stories you can tell. Yeah wishes come true and when you get them you look about for what meaning there was really in that wish. My answer is to give back to my own family here and over seas, it is only when you hit it and are an elder that you understand that being old is no less a tough task then being young. Hang in there take a walk see how many smiles you can send out and get just cause you can.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

heh my parentsd are making me sit classes next summer since i slagged me fiances teacher about his lackk of computer knowledge >_<;

v_Ln

Ahhhh, the life of the computer addicts. Isn't it grand?? I too am one that spends endless hours crt-tanning myself. I am on this site at the minimum of 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week. :-) On my days off, i still tend to spend about 8 hrs a day on the box. I am addicted, will always be addicted. May God bless the man who invented computers:-) Long live AO!!!!
    M$ support is like shooting yourself in the left foot and then putting a band-aid on the right one.

GreekGoddess
    I have been sneaking out lately to catch some sun by the pool...But don't tell Paqman...my Compaq.....he'll be upset if he knew that I didn't spend all of my free time with him. *psychotic smile*

Unhappy

omg 5 days a week , 8 hours a day., i wish , im 8hours a day 7 days a week, i have no life i even think ive just grown a hard drive in my head , and my eyes have turned from round to square , but you know what , I LOVE IT But still so much to learn.........oh well, thats life ...hehehe
    what a day.

i said a minimum of 8 hrs a day LOL...Im a computer support tech.. That is just working on my customer's systems. I spend the rest of my life at home on my two systems...LOL....I had 10 systems but had to get rid of most due to lack of space and too high of an electric bill I spend an average of approximately 14-16 hrs a day on the computer My computer is my life, well, i have a house and a dog if that counts LOL
    M$ support is like shooting yourself in the left foot and then putting a band-aid on the right one.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Hey, if I wanted more sun, I'd buy another monitor!

People ask me why I do it...I don't say a word because they wouldn't understand...
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.