Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Un-hackable website?

Un-hackable website?

Source: http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/s...388963,00.html
    Is there such a thing as an unhackable website? According to the administration of Russian President Vladimir Putin, there is.

The Russian government has deemed Putin's new website, which features everything from his speeches to pictures of the former KGB chief and his family walking their dogs, hacker-proof. According to a Kremlin spokesman, some 500,000 people have visited the site and 96 hackers have tried to corrupt it. All have failed.

Or have they? Perhaps you slipped in and out of Putin's new site, briefly posting a picture of my face on the homepage before anybody noticed. If you can prove that you did hack the site, we'll send you a "Screen Savers" T-shirt. We will not bail you out if you end up in a Siberian gulag, and a shirt probably won't keep you very warm there. Chances are, a large, vodka-scented man named Dmitri will steal the shirt from you to use as toilet paper.
    Now dosen't he sound a bit cocky? 96 hackers! BIG deal. Well not really, compared to AO though. I'm sure that site could get hacked if a truly self-deterimed hacker wanted to hack that site it wouldn't much of a problem. On tss they now have people sending the defaced website, lol, its really just edited in photoshop or something.
    [gloworange]Die, or surrender, either way won\'t work.[/gloworange]
    [shadow]HuntX7[/shadow]

yeah

If the website is on a Cdrom or on a hard drive with a mode thats read only the site can't be changed, but there aren't any hard drives out with an easy to use read only switch.
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    i truly dont believe tha tthe server must run services and every service that has been in exsistance has an exploit or bug somewhere
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

Interesting if true

Hmmmm...... very interesting if the web site is completely hack proof. Of course the Russian government would probably make sure of that. So 96 hackers tried to corrupt it so far? Considering that the website is of Vladimir Putin, the Russian president 96 seems too low a number of failed tries. As for a man named Dmitri who smells like vodka in a Siberian prison, I'm not going there.

Red face

PHP Code:
    Over 100 hackers tried to break into Russian president Vladimur Putin's new website in the first 24 hours after it went live. 
    A spokesman said that the site repelled the attacks, confirming claims by the Federal Agency for Government Communications and Information that the site is "hacker proof". 

The Kremlin is unsure of the motivation behind the attacks, and had no knowledge of where they had come from. "It could be anyone, in any country," a spokesman told Reuters. 

The president.kremlin.ru site is a personal vehicle for Putin, containing copies of his speeches, news items and photographs of the president at work and relaxing. 

It took Russian website developers AYAXI 10 months to complete, and launched last week, clocking up 500,000 visitors in its first day. 

Does the story sound a little different than the story huntx7 posted?
    This one came from Blackcode.

Different Stories

Yes, those stories are very different from one another. Even 100 seems too low a number for failed attempts to corrupt the website. Since anyone in any country can access it, I'd imagine many more attempts took place. Either that or the Russian government will not admit that there might have been one or more successful attempts.

weird
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

/me opens up his h4x0r box, moths fly out so he throws it into the corner and runs away.

LOL wuss get in there and h4><0|2 that russian b0x3|2 ...buahahahaha ... </rant>

Well, if you cant change anything on it, DDOS, or network security comes into play next,
    If you could isolate the server then its all over.
    I toor\'d YOU!