Well, being from the US, I always use feet, miles, pounds, etc. Well, a good portion of the people on here are not from the US, and use the metric system instead of the standard US system. I can't believe the number of time I have gotten a PM saying "whats that in KiloGrams" or something. So I was thinking about writing a small calculator to do it, but then I realized I am to lazy to do that. I decided it was time to search for a free conversion calculator... Well, this is what I found....
http://download.com.com/3000-2053-49...ml?tag=lst-0-3
Uconeer... This think has more options then I have ever heard of... 42 different catagories....370 different units... entropy.... heat capacity.... viscosity.... etc etc etc ....

Anyway, I only found 1 problem with it. It does display built in ads, but from the site....
Note: This program has functionality limitations: it displays built-in ads, but does not connect to the Internet to download more ads (that is, it is not adware).
Well, I haven't checked it yet to see if it does connect to the internet yet, but it seems to fast on my connection to actually be dl'ing something....

It has an interface that anyone could use, and even a link to the normal windows calculator. Why would you want that? Because many people don't realize if you put the windows calculator in scientifc mode, it will do conversion from Decimal to hex, octal, or binary.....

Ok, now I am starting to sound like an advertisement....oh well, get over it. I just figured that a lot of people could use this also. It is a windows program... I still have to find a decent one for linux. Any ideas?