Bandwidth Management

Thread: Bandwidth Management

Bandwidth Management

I am looking at a few companies which sell Bandwidth Management servers for Networks. I wanted some of your opinions and recommendations as to anyone who has ever worked with a bandwidth management server. I have a site with 2 t1s as the WAN to the internet. The two companies I am interested in are CacheFlow and Allot. I have heard very good reviews with regards to both of these companies and was told UUNet and some other major providers use CacheFlow. Any input on these two products or any other recommended products would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Os1LaYr5

take a look at packeteer as well. cache flow uses the cache from static contents from webpages already visited to serve up pages faster. I believe packeteer can granually monitor/limit users from sucking up too much bandwidth as well as let superusers/execs surf to their hearts content.

GL
    freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude

freedom aint free

Think sitara also makes QoS boxes....
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

CacheFlow actually can setup policy's to limit the bandwidth to particular traffic along with a bunch of other great features. Ive just never used it before and wanted some thoughts as to how well it functioned or if someone else used a similar product. I basically want to bandwidth protect particular data and give more bandwidth to more important data such as web and email. Ive checked out Sitara Networks but I could recall they wanted major $$$$ for their product..something like 20k. The Packeteer looks decent depending on their price....
    Os1LaYr5

Heh, Sitara definitely does all that and more and seems to work pretty well. Thankfully, I can just put those things on the wish list and they appear, always good to avoid the sticker shock...

I know the sitara will let you allocate chunks of bandwidth for communication between seperate networks and even between different protocols. It also does caching for web. I would be interested in knowing who makes CacheFlow so that I could read up on it...

neb
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Ya Sitara does quite a bit..I received a demo from them about 3 months ago. I just couldnt justify their price. The cache flow was only like 7k. Heres their link.
    http://www.cacheflow.com/
    Os1LaYr5