Please Help!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Help!!

Banned

Please Help!!

I recently deleted major Kazaa Program Files that were detected as spyware by Ad-Aware. Without these files, my Kazaa would not start up. So I unistalled it, and installed it again. Now it says I have 3069 things on My KaZaA! All 3069 things are pictures, files, programs, and documents from my computer (pretty well everything on my computer) and are being shared with other KaZaA users. I have e-mailed KaZaA for help but they have not responded. Does anyone on here know how I can erase my KaZaA's memory of 3069 things? I dunno how everything on my computer got onto KaZaA but I don't want it on there because it is a security risk for me (others could be reading confidential documents). ANY HELP IS NEEDED AND WILL BE APPRECIATED!
    Share on Google+

You just go to where you choose what to be shared, and choose a different directory... probably just set on default of C: drive or something. No big deal, bro, chill out.
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Your Choices:

1.) Turn off file sharing on KaZaa.

2.) Delete those items from your KaZaa file sharing folder.

3.) Uninstall KaZaa and reinstall it. (Not sure if this will work.)
    Share on Google+

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Honestly I avoid kazaa like the plague. It may just be me but i don't trust any peer to peer prgram that has options on which folders to share. Its just a matter of time before someone figures out a hole and gets complete read access to your harddrive. Who knows what next. Not to metion its a breeding grounds for virii and trojans.

The others have already answered your question. You'll find red and green (i think those are the colors) checkboxes on what folders are shared. Just make sure your c: isn't checked for sharing all. It will be checked though but thats only because there are folders IN the c: drive that are sharing.
    Share on Google+

get kazaa lite for the spyware problem here
    Share on Google+

Banned
    xmadness, there is a hole with Kazaa about that...

I forget how it goes, but it's something like you search for a file...
    Start downloading it...
    Get the IP info...
    Go to DOS in Windows...
    Use (forget if it's ftp or telnet) and "dial-in"....

I'll try to find the source of this...

BTW. What Jenhx said was right on. Go to options (or something along those line) click on shared folders and decide which directory/sub directory the users can have access to.

Personally, I use KaZaa but with file sharing disabled (also in options) to avoid mess' like this... (not to mention that 56k isn't the quickest for sharing and downloading)
    Share on Google+

ahhh im sorry....wrong link ...get it here ---> http://194.64.0.2/downloads/63144/ka...99d808eb2c.exe
    Share on Google+

tyger_claw: It has to do with using netstat -a in DOS when you're downloading/uploading something from Kazaa. They've fixed the problem, though, so it's no worry as far as I know anymore.
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Thanks for the info Jehnx, was just looking for it...
    Share on Google+

might consider grokster.. same exact thing. Imesh or WinMX. You can also be a dick and set your firewall to block people from downloading from you. Your call.

---Aku. Soku. Zan.
    Share on Google+