Are Dell PCs faulty?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Dell PCs faulty?

Banned

Are Dell PCs faulty?

Just curious if Dell has a track record for faulty computers? I'm thinking about getting one.

not as far as I know, I have a dell workstation with win2kp and its only crashed maybe five times in a year...which considering how much I use it is damn amazing. Every dell I have ever used worked just fine.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    I'm on a dell optiplex gx100 right now at work. We use them for workstations and havn't failed yet. They use win2kpro and have an uptime of near.. oh .. 4 months? Without a glitch.

Dude, your gettin a dell! hehe, couldn't resist.

Banned
    Dell's are excellent computers! Don't get a [pong]Hewlett Packard[/pong] or [pong]compaq[/pong] get a dell or build your own it's much cheaper and fun!

AntiOnline Senior Member
    My experiences with Dells as desktops computers have been fine. They seem to make decent comps.

Hope this helps!

- ura
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

i have a dell and have had it hum like 2 years and the only thing that went bad was the logitech mouse that came with it.

zuriel
    [gloworange]Zuriel- This Angel Lends Us The Power To Find Balance When We Desperately Need It[/gloworange]

Dell computers have a good track record, and if something is wrong they have an even higher record for fixing the problem. By fixing I mean making the situation right.

But... building your own is cheaper
    The more I deal with people, the more I LOVE my computer.

The Iceman Cometh
    If you're looking for consumer PCs, Dell has the best track-record around, at least according to many studies over the past few years regarding the purchase and support of new PCs. I know PC World has been raving about Dell in their annual reviews of PC manufacturers for the last few years, and I have seen other magazines with the same results. Personally, I love Dell and would recommend them to anyone planning on getting a new system. I know the TechieChick has had some problems with Dell support, but, if you look long enough, there will always be people who have experienced problems with any system. Just my 2 cents.

AJ

PS: This thread (http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=230983) has some more opinions of various companies.

Talking Dell

Dells are good. Im a repair tech and its not very often I see a dell
    DaveO[/glowpurple] DaveO DaveO