Thread: Tutorials posted

Tutorials posted

Hey JP,
    I think it would be good if you could include a link to all the tutorials posted by the specific user. And is this going to have an effect on the antipoints that a person can give or recieve? Because i just thought of a problem that might occur, people could post other people's tutorials and get the tutorial count under their name. Eg. http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=231249
    I'm not saying this tutorial isn't a good read and that the person didn't give the credit were it was deserved, but wouldn't this just increase the amount of 'here's someone elses tutorial' threads?
    Just my 3 cents again.
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    hmmm i kinda agree...we should have that. it could be useful
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

Antionline Herpetologist
    There is Negative's Tutorial Index for that. If you want it user-wise, either get down and pray to the Minister of w00t or just start your own thread.
    Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

May be we need two tutorial forums. One for tutorials written by AO users and another for copied and linked ones.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

No, I don't really like that idea. At least, now people are beig honest and admitting that it isn't their tutorial, but I think that if it was changed, then people would just lie and try to steal the work of others. And I know that people might find out, but I don't think that is enough of a deterrant. At least with the present system, people aren't trying to take credit for something they haven't done.

Well so much for my suggestion morfius you beat me to it. I just thought of that when I got online today and noticed that. Good idea.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

khakisrule there is one reason people might still steal someone else tutorials. Greenies, Orginal work gets you more of them than copying someone elses than stating that its not yours.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=231259 <= recommend reading
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

I agree cwk9, I just thin that peolpe will be tempted to try to copy another person's work and hope they do not get caught for it. So, I figure, if with the current system, users are honest and mention if they did not create the tutorial, then leave it.

Well...for the old school AO'ers, do you remember Terr's ultimate investigation and flame? The one were he found out about..er.. i forgot the user's handle, but he found all the original links that he stole the threads from etc. I think if we reopened that thread and put it in the FAQ somewhere then it could maybe, stop people from copying tutorials.
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;